Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #1 
newf

New betta

I was at Petco on Saturday and saw this guy and thought how beautiful he looked. I hadn't seen any betta there with this coloring in years. I didn't buy him then, but got thinking about him after I left the store, and decided to go back and get him. I was at the checkout and the sales lady put him in a bag. She then decided to pick up the bag and set it on the counter. When she did that, you could hear the cup hit the counter and tip over. She righted the cup, and apologized. I checked him out before I took him home, and he seemed fine. But after I got him home and into a tank, he looked bad. He was breathing very heavy and listing to the side. I lowered the water in the tank, and kept it dark and quiet. I wasn't sure he was going to make it until today. He seems a lot better. I moved him into a 3 gallon critter carrier with a heater and a baffled filter. He seems to get better each day, but he still hasn't eaten anything that I have seen. He is swimming better and continues to look better. I have added salt to the tank as well as his fins look a bit ratty. I don't know what else to do for him at this point, so if anyone else has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

He doesn't have a name yet either, we are thinking about that one still:)
Attached Images

newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #2 
BetterBetta

Beautifull:D I've always had a soft spot for white bettas with a splash of red (excuse lack of correct coloring term) I'm sure he'll be fine after that little traumetizing event the lady put him through
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

He looks JUST like my Ben! Only Ben is a VT hahah So of course, I LOVE HIM!

No advice, I just wanted to point it out :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #4 
newf

Thank you. I am not sure what coloring he is either. I just thought he looks beautiful.
newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

I am unsure what Ben is as well. Ben looks more purple, but he has red wash on his head like your boy. I am thinking with time, both of our boys will be while with solid red markings. I just don't know what they are... not enough marking to be 100% butterfly, but to much markings to be marble lol

You could always go to a well used topic on here and just buzz through and read people's signatures for a name. One you may like will pop up, or may spark a name in your head that just suits him :)

Here's my Ben :)

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #6 
masshiimarro

aww he looks like a little koi! esp in the pic of him from the top :)
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #7 
CrazyCatLady

Accidents happen, but come on! If you are going to work at a pet store, you have to take EXTRA care with the animals. From feeder crickets to parrots! UGH! That just bothers me!

I'm glad to hear that he is doing better! I'm sure he will pull through! When he does, take him back up to the pet store so he can slap his fin across the face of the woman that dropped him!! :P

I think you are doing what needs to be done. Think of it as a lil fishy car accident. He needs time to heal, just like a human would!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #8 
copperarabian

what state do you live in?(if your in America) I just bought a crowntail on Friday and he looks so much like yours, if you in the bay area, or the central valley maybe our guys are related lol O.o mine is silver, white and red.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #9 
MissRockyHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
what state do you live in?(if your in America) I just bought a crowntail on Friday and he looks so much like yours, if you in the bay area, or the central valley maybe our guys are related lol O.o mine is silver, white and red.
Have you posted any pictures of him yet? :)
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #10 
Sakura8

At least the employee apologized. There are plenty out there who wouldn't have. But I always carry my bettas out by hand, never in a bag. And newf, he's very handsome. I would say he's a white marble. For now, all you can really do is treat him with salt and keep him quiet and warm. If he didn't have anything wrong with him at the pet store, then he should perk up as he settles in.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote