Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #1 
Raksyroo

Thumbs down Getting Betta's in / to Norway?

Howdy ya'll! :)

I am in the middle of thinking about getting a betta to actually getting one! I have a tank (15 gallon), some gravel, filter and a heater but.. No betta's!! 0o
Of course I live right in the middle of nowhere in norway with no pet shop for at least 1 1/2 drive away and the pet shops that do have little to no betta's in their shops and the ones they do have look awful :( So I was wondering if anybody out there knows of someone that can ship / transport Betta's to Norway? :) Pref Halfmoons or Crowntails :D Aquabid doesn't seem to have transhippers to norway :(
This will be my first Betta, and I am really excited about it!

Thanks! <3

~Roo
Raksyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #2 
Neil D

eBay?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't know if anyone at aquabid ships to Norway or not. Maybe someone else will know.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #4 
Raksyroo

Hey,

Thanks for the replies so far and the welcome Ebay is something I'm hesitant to to begin with so I dont think I will be checking that to begin with

I'm hoping someone will know if anybody on aquabid ships to this deserted part of the world. I guess I could always send a mail to a seller on AB if they'll ship here
Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #5 
Sakura8

Wow, I hope there's someone who will ship to you. I'd definitely contact any sellers on Aquabid who have bettas you're interested in. You don't have any local fish stores who carry bettas?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #6 
Raksyroo

Thanks Sakura! I sure do hope so as well! Fish store - no. Not even heard of such a thing here. But we do have pet shops, with minimal selection of Betta's, have this one pet shop I go to when Im in the city and over the years I have seen a total of 2 bettas for sale But here's to hoping!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #7 
Sakura8

Wow. So fishkeeping isn't popular in Norway or maybe something to do with the climate and keeping the tanks warm, perhaps? I'll keep my eyes peeled for Norwegeian transhippers.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #8 
Raksyroo

Not so much no. But the ones I do see have Koi's in ponds, so it cant be that cold (at least not in the summer, I reckon they have inside tanks for them in winter time).

Thank you so much! Cant wait to get my first Betta!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #9 
masshiimarro

hmm... could u ask where the petshops where they get their bettas from? even tho they dont get too many in, maybe they could refer you to their supplier? or maybe you could request them to get some in for you.. ask around in the area. its hard to believe that theres no one that keeps bettas in norway.. oh and btw, welcome to the forum! :)
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote