Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

I feel bad, but....

So my mom is making me downsize some to start with. Locally I've found a home for at least one fish, and I will be adopting some out once I look at prices for shipping and where to buy supplies here.

I like all of my fish quite a bit. But this one male I bought at Meijer the other day is... personable. My other fish know I feed them, ect-- but unless I'm actually opening the top of the tank they hide or ignore me when I come over. My new VT is always curious, and following me/watching me from his 2.5. I'm starting to like him quite a bit better than the others because of that. It's not that the rest aren't nice, they are... just... eh idk. They aren't as inquisitive as he is. I've never really had a favorite fish before... I mean, I've liked some colors more than others (like I think Volker looks amazing, but I don't particularly like him more than any of my other fish. I just think he's the prettiest.)

Do you wind up with favorites?
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #2 
PhilipPhish

Yeah, out of all 3, Philip is my favorite!

Tigger and Nez are new and don't watch me as much...(Tigger loves my dad!)

Philip has been with me for 5 years, he loves me! He blows bubbles and stuff when I get home and when I'm moving in my room, he watches and blows bubbles! Its soo cute!

But yeah, you will have favorites! : )
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #3 
Luimeril

i do. Chappy has a very special place in my heart, because i raised her from a month-old fry. Cup was special, because he was my first of this group. Theo's special, because he's my special-needs betta... it's really hard not to get favorites. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #4 
MikiMaki

Very much so. PeeWee was my first and has the most personality I have ever seen. The others could take or leave me. I actually believe wholeheartedly that my little orange VT is stressed by the commotion in my house and mopes around his tank a lot. He never seems happy. I'm actually giving him to a friend in hopes he'll be happier in a less cantankerous house with out kindergartners!
MikiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #5 
TheBlueBettaFish

Yes...everyone but Ms. Shark. Shes my moms Betta and shes a dramatic fish -_-
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #6 
masshiimarro

ohh favorites... does it count to have a favorite thing about each fish..? lol
kandas special, since since hes the first little guy ive had, and went thru so much with him. tamakis cute, since he acts like a puppy, always snooping around looking for stuff XD. and natsu,... hmm.. i dont know too much about him yet.
but both tamaki and kanda always wiggle and come to the front whenever i walk by or see them. so yeah. i love them alot :)
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #7 
laughing

I only have 2, so I love them very much in their own individual ways. Especially since one is a boy, the other a girl. They both are so personable, following me around, playing games with me, hovering on the side of the tank on which side of the couch I sit on, etc.

But, with my other fish, I definitely had favorites. It's just so hard to be impartial, they capture your heart! All of them have individual personalities...

I can't blame you!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #8 
Tikibirds

I think Lucky is my favorite but probably the ugliest betta I have. He's my walmart abuse survivor :)
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #9 
bahamut285

HongBo was my favourite, he was pretty much like a doggy :D

He would blow bubble nests for me all the time, greet me when I approached the tank, watch what I'm doing on the computer, give me kisses when I made kissy faces at him, haha
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

My favorites of all time are probably Buddy, one of my first bettas and Yerakina, my first female.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote