Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #11 
Luimeril

they don't look that big. x: but, sadly, people don't get the right info, so they shove a betta in there, and never do water changes but once a month or less, and their bettas die horrid deaths.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #12 
Kytkattin

Okay, I was actually thinking about this tank the other day. And I was thinking (not having held one or knowing the actual size), that this would be AWESOME to put in another tank as a decoration. Like to have it in say, a 10 gallon (maybe you would need a 20, or bigger?), and then have little plants around it. Basically make it look like a cute little house/apartment. Like this:

The balls are moss balls. I know it would need more plants, but this is what I could come up with really quick. Thoughts?
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #13 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
Okay, I was actually thinking about this tank the other day. And I was thinking (not having held one or knowing the actual size), that this would be AWESOME to put in another tank as a decoration. Like to have it in say, a 10 gallon (maybe you would need a 20, or bigger?), and then have little plants around it. Basically make it look like a cute little house/apartment. Like this:

The balls are moss balls. I know it would need more plants, but this is what I could come up with really quick. Thoughts?
THAT would be awesome!!!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #14 
lessandler

Add a small moss tree, paint the back with clouds and the betta would look like he lived in the suburbs in germany.

I've always wanted to do a surrealist tank, but was too lazy. Love to see one completed though.
lessandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #15 
NCPanthersgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post

Now that would be cool! Okay, if they're 1.3 that's not AS bad...but you know that if someone's buying that tank they're looking at the "glam" instructions to owning a betta, not the real ones. Usually anyway. But there are some really nice three gallons for the same price or just a bit more...you just have to look.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #16 
lessandler

I wanted to clarify my earlier comment at kytkattin with the tank inside the tank idea... painting the back of the larger tank and adding a moss "tree" with driftwood and mosses or ricca. Love the idea in a 20 gal. I am still getting the hang of "foruming" and don't know how to quote the image and all....

I wasn't suggesting that the small tank itself be a neat idea. I saw it on Amazon with 21 glowing reviews... how sad. It's a 1 gallon with no lid and it is suggested that you stack them next to and upon each other which would mean the ones on the bottom live in near darkness due to the light restricting design :(
lessandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #17 
diablo13

Lol, food decorating idea. My petsmart had a display with that half gallon split, a black orchid CT and a VT, i think. And not only that, but they had a freaking snail in there too!
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #18 
Norichan

*Sigh* That's really depressing. His Majesty went stir-crazy in his 1.8 after about a month, I can only imagine how damaging a little cube like that would be... T_T
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #19 
NCPanthersgurl

They're so tiny...and the globes you can hang on the wall? They can't even be a quart... :(
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #20 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessandler View Post
I wanted to clarify my earlier comment at kytkattin with the tank inside the tank idea... painting the back of the larger tank and adding a moss "tree" with driftwood and mosses or ricca. Love the idea in a 20 gal. I am still getting the hang of "foruming" and don't know how to quote the image and all....
I got what you meant. It sucks that I am moving away from home and can only take a 5.5 (well, up to 10, but I don't want to have to move that...). Right now I have a 20 gallon that I am tearing down (fish already moved into my family's community tank). Though I do have to say that if I didn't already have my 5.5 split/planted/cycled, I would be very tempted to set up this tank myself in a 10 gallon setup.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquariums, tanks