Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #21 
namelessfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
they don't look that big. x: but, sadly, people don't get the right info, so they shove a betta in there, and never do water changes but once a month or less, and their bettas die horrid deaths.
yea i know, they look small in that particular photo. i was a bit concerned at first because i put a picture up on this site and people told me it seemed to be half a gallon. but i took the measurements and found out mathematically..1.3 gallons, small but not THAT small. but i agree on the ignorance thing..i think the tank is acceptable for a person who can actually keep up with the water changes.

Last edited by namelessfish; 07-19-2011 at 10:40 PM.
namelessfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #22 
NCPanthersgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessfish View Post
yea i know, they look small in that particular photo. i was a bit concerned at first because i put a picture up on this site and people told me it seemed to be half a gallon. but i took the measurements and found out mathematically..1.3 gallons, small but not THAT small. but i agree on the ignorance thing..i think the tank is acceptable for a person who can actually keep up with the water changes.
Unfortunately not many people will.

I was in Petco earlier and heard some teeny boppers talking about buying a Betta. And I quote "You just throw them in a bowl and feed them and they're good to go. They don't need anything fancy like normal fish."

Needless to say I hung around the Betta's til they left, to make sure that if they picked one up I made sure they knew that wasn't the case.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #23 
sunrise2397

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPanthersgurl View Post
Unfortunately not many people will.

I was in Petco earlier and heard some teeny boppers talking about buying a Betta. And I quote "You just throw them in a bowl and feed them and they're good to go. They don't need anything fancy like normal fish."

Needless to say I hung around the Betta's til they left, to make sure that if they picked one up I made sure they knew that wasn't the case.
those people obviously dont know anything about bettas. this makes me madd! but i really like the idea of putting it in a 10 or 20 gallon tank:)
sunrise2397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #24 
NCPanthersgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrise2397 View Post
those people obviously dont know anything about bettas. this makes me madd! but i really like the idea of putting it in a 10 or 20 gallon tank:)
Heh, I need to start stalking Petco and telling Betta buyers that Betta's require at least three gallons, so you might as well buy a 5 gallon...they eat this, this, and this, {have a full list}, that they need all of these decorations, live plants, a snail...

Basically jack them up to where their Betta is living in the utmost lap of luxury. lol
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #25 
sunrise2397

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPanthersgurl View Post
Heh, I need to start stalking Petco and telling Betta buyers that Betta's require at least three gallons, so you might as well buy a 5 gallon...they eat this, this, and this, {have a full list}, that they need all of these decorations, live plants, a snail...

Basically jack them up to where their Betta is living in the utmost lap of luxury. lol
Ahh id love to see the look on their face! Whaat hehe
sunrise2397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #26 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I actually want that hotel as a temporarily brake from the 10 gallon.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #27 
Aus

1.3 gallons is at least enough room for a small betta to swim in a little bit and if maintained well with water changes, can be a healthy home. IMO, not ideal, but if the fish is clean and fed well and acts like a happy fish then yes, that's better than many fish homes of larger dimensions...

That said, I cannot see a volume much under 1 gallon being anything but misery for a fish based on crampy space alone, and/or a PITA for the owner to never ever miss a single water change daily..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #28 
ukandy

Hi guy sorry for butting in but im a littlke concerned now. Im planning on moving one of my males to a 12litre tank from my 90litre divided tank as he doesnt like his tankmate any more. Is my tempory 12 litre tank too small for him? It has a filter and heater. See my albums to see.
ukandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #29 
MSG

When I read the information about that tank, they said it was 2 gallons. I'm pretty sure it's 8x8x8, but the top 2"-3" you can't fill with water I still think it looks cool.

Umbra usually makes pretty simple, functional products.

The only thing with the cube tank is won't look as nice in pictures with heater/filter wires hanging out of it. Also the limited viewing areas for the fish is a huge negative.

If I can get them cheap, I may use them as storage cubes instead of a fish tank.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #30 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

No lid is a big and common problem.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquariums, tanks