Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #1 
YoshesMom

Petco!!

Im sooo Pi$$ed at petco right now!! I went in to look at the betta of course and there racks were EMPTY i was like..wth..looked over and there out rack has about 15 no were NERE what they usually carry upon closer inspection all 15 were either on there sides floating or straight up like rods none moved until i moved there cups...well of course i flipped out stalked to the cashier WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BETTA!!...
So I had her come over and she did water tests on one girl with strips :( stupid strips) and all the tests came back ok and i said i have 42 bettas and NEVER have i EVER seen anything like this did you forget water conditioner ( they had just changed the water ) so they tested for chlorine and nothing so im still clearly LIVID so she calls over the manager and ive had chats with this manager before and do not like her she goes oh its just stress from water change!! NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!! when there stressed they lay at the bottom and pretend there invisable not stick straight up like freaking poles or lay on there side at the top of the water....so with tears in my eyes and my friend literally dragging me out as they gasped for air and struggled for there lives i left them to there fate after escaping with a yellow dragon that they had not changed the water on yet so he is doing fine...im sticking with my notion that they killed those babies and I was screaming for them to help them and my pleas went unheard...Im sorry babies i did everything i could to save you!
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #2 
Luimeril

D: poor babies. those stupid strips always say everything's fine, when it's not.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #3 
betta dude

petco never takes good care of bettas >:(
betta dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #4 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta dude View Post
petco never takes good care of bettas >:(
not true. the PetCo closest to me, takes AMAZING care of theirs. the cups were clean, bettas were active, out of over a dozen, one was dead. x: it was beautiful.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #5 
Tisia

yeah, the petco I usually go to takes pretty good care of theirs, and I've heard some people say their petsmarts take good care of their bettas but my local ones are horrible. it's very dependent on the people that work there
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #6 
copperarabian

my petco takes really good care of their bettas too, unless the manager or main fish person are both on vacation O.O Mine also usually has anywhere from 30-100 bettas on display.

It's very sad when they don't make it, especially the poor veil tails, I wish more people liked them so they would be adopted :(
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #7 
YoshesMom

mine are usually in pretty good condition and they usually have 50-100 you cant believe how angry i was this same manager ive dealt with before i showed her a hmdtpk that was in a delta tail cup which at my petco is about a ten dollar difference and she said well WE didnt make a mistake I said no im aware they come in there cups pre labeled but your losing ten dollars on this fish...well she was certian she was right and i was wrong so i bought the darned fish just to be a jerk and said thanx for the extra ten bucks as i walked out...jerk
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #8 
laughing

Wow, I don't get how they can be so careless over their live stock, when they're going to lose money on them if they die! Doesn't make sense to me one bit...

Rachael, you did the best you could do... The poor babies! You should report that manager, that's just not acceptable!

Betta Dude- don't make general assumptions, not PetCo is like this. Mine right by me has the most beautiful and flawless fish section for all their fish and bettas. But if I go 10 miles to a different one by my old place, theirs sucks. It really depends on the location and the workers.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #9 
Luimeril

eehh.... their loss, imo. o.o it's horrid that the poor boys and girls have to go through that, though. D:
Old 07-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #10 
Sakura8

Gotta say I must be lucky, my Petco takes pretty good care of their bettas and never gets in too many at a time. I've never seen a dead betta there or a seriously ill one - a few with fin issues but that's it. My Petsmart on the other hand will leave the dead bettas on the shelves until I point them out and by then they're . . . well, it's like "How could you miss the smell?!"
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote