Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #1 
rubinthebetta

Post Yet another story I'm writing

This one is about my female albino rat, Jerry. Critism is welcome!

Beep! Beep! Jerry immediately became alert and looked at her new video monitor installed in her home just yesterday. She yawned, wondering why she had to be disturbed from her nap on her hammock. "I wonder who's calling. And I certainly hope it's worth waking me up for." The young albino rat chuckled and pressed a hidden button on the cage wires, causing the black monitor to seemingly appear from the fabric of the hammock. "Good old fashioned hammocks. So far mine houses about ten gadgets, is indestructible, and comfortable. Who knew?" She quickly groomed her white fur until it shone, glossy and sleek. If the caller was important enough to disturb her during her vacation, then they must be important. Jerry was an agent at the United Rats Agency, or URA. She frequently went on missions while her humans were out, and specialized in technology and spying. At that moment, the monitor flickered and a familiar face came up on the screen. "Maddie! I didn't know that you knew my knew number!" Jerry smiled and laughed. Maddie was Jerry's friend from the Young Spy Rats Academy, or YSRA. Last Jerry knew, Maddie had been on a mission in Russia monitoring a group of rats intent on causing an uprising against their ruler. It was quite a surprise to see Maddie calling. "I know, I know. But my mission was done, and I wanted to stop by before my next mission in the Bahamas. Sun, beaches, water...I'm looking forward to it!" The black and white rat on screen smiled. "I heard you've moved a lot. Tell me all about it!" Jerry consented. "Well, after the academy, I got shipped with my sister Matthias to a human classroom to do a bit of research, and managed to get a home with a nice human family after the classroom time was over. I'm still adjusting to the schedule and such, so I took a week off. It was quite a surprise to get a call since everyone in the URA knew I was on vacation." Jerry suddenly pricked her ears. "There's my alarm! The humans are on their way back. I gotta go, ok? We'll talk later!" Maddie grinned impishly. "If you didn't have humans and lived by yourself like I do, maybe you would get to go to the Bahamas, too!" Maddie teased Jerry. "Anyways, bye!" Jerry clicked the button once more and the monitor vanished. She nuzzled into the softness of her hammock, hoping for some sleep before her people came back. Soon, she slipped into a peaceful haze of rest. She dreamed of her humans, and Matthias, too. It was very pleasant. But, much too soon, her youngest (and main) human's voice gently brought her back to the waking world. Jerry stretched and yawned, then looked at the human expectantly. Just as she predicted, the human picked her up and carried her out of the cage.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #2 
rubinthebetta

Comments? Anybody?
Old 03-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #3 
GoodMorning

it's good, bro.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #4 
rubinthebetta

Thanks! I'm planning on writing more tonight.

Tags
rat story