Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #1211 
ZackyBear

You can increase and decrease in the looms, it just takes a bit of practice. You can make hats, scarves, blankets, bags, socks.....

It just takes a bit of creativity~
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #1212 
AngelicScars

I made that same Cthulhu as my second crocheting project!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #1213 
ZackyBear

Last night I had to run to Target *shivers at prices* since my mom needed some food-stuffs and it's right down the street.

I shoved my yarn ball into my back-pack and took it with me, crocheting as I slowly walked through the isles. A few times my yarn got snagged so I undid a few feet of yarn and wrapped it around my arm. I think it was very relaxing, since I really hate Target x.x
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #1214 
Leeniex

It's like 100 degrees today and I'm knitting a nice warm cardigan, lol. Have to keep wiping my hands to dry the sweat.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #1215 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
It's like 100 degrees today and I'm knitting a nice warm cardigan, lol. Have to keep wiping my hands to dry the sweat.
Oh my god, same here! xD It got up to 110* with 75% humidity... O__O
You wouldn't think it would get that hot in Indiana! x___x

I recently opened an Etsy shop guys! :D *dances*
I only have two items up, but it's a start. I figured I might as well try to sell off some of these items that I never wear/use. :P
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #1216 
kfish

I'm crocheting this pet bed for my kitty cat right now (it's actually just about done, but I ran out of fuzzy yarn so I'm about to go get some and finish it). It's a good way to use up leftover skeins of worsted weight yarn, because the colors of the worsted weight don't matter all that much. I've managed to use up some green I had, sparkly white, regular white, grey, and light purple. So, the original colors went from white, sparkly white, green, grey, and fuzzy yarn colors (grey, white, blue) to white, black, a different green, light purple, lol.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-pet-bed (have to be a member to view)

This is mine so far:

kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #1217 
TheCrabbyTabby

My mother sort of taught me how to knit. She learned from her grandmother.

I started out with a very plain blueish colored yarn, trying to knit something simple like a potholder. Needless to say, some rows mysteriously gained or lost a stitch or whatever one calls it.

It looks very uneven.

I was hoping to be able to use this lovely soft cashmere like fuzzy purple yarn to knit a scarf, but I guess I have a few more things to learn before I can use that.

*sigh* I guess I should find my yarn bag and resume making my terrible excuse for a potholder (I am ashamed to admit that I didn't finish it yet). Well, it goes under the pot, so I guess no one will notice the missing and extra stitches. That is, until the pot is taken off.

Knit one, peal two. Knit one, pearl two. -_____-
TheCrabbyTabby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #1218 
kfish

Just keep practicing! Everyone loses/gains stitches at first. :) A scarf is actually a very good way to practice, if you have some cheap yarn you don't mind using that way. Of course, you can always undo it and wind the yarn back into a ball (http://www.wikihow.com/Wind-a-Yarn-Ball I use the second, center pull method).

Last edited by kfish; 07-15-2012 at 05:24 PM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #1219 
Leeniex

My niece is pregnant, so I finally have an excuse to knit baby things. So excited!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #1220 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
My mother sort of taught me how to knit. She learned from her grandmother.

I started out with a very plain blueish colored yarn, trying to knit something simple like a potholder. Needless to say, some rows mysteriously gained or lost a stitch or whatever one calls it.

It looks very uneven.

I was hoping to be able to use this lovely soft cashmere like fuzzy purple yarn to knit a scarf, but I guess I have a few more things to learn before I can use that.

*sigh* I guess I should find my yarn bag and resume making my terrible excuse for a potholder (I am ashamed to admit that I didn't finish it yet). Well, it goes under the pot, so I guess no one will notice the missing and extra stitches. That is, until the pot is taken off.

Knit one, peal two. Knit one, pearl two. -_____-
Haha, this was my problem with my first project too! It looks like a mess! Just keep practicing! I also used this bulky weight yarn that was all fuzzy, so it was hard for me to see how many stitches I had. It's best to start out with a plain worsted weight yarn as a starter. Keep up with the basic knit and pearl stitches until you get a hold of the basics. ;) Then you can start to do cables and lace work! :D
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote