Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #1231 
Leeniex

I stick to cuff down myself now. I have giant feet and it seems to go faster that way, LOL.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #1232 
AngelicScars

LOL! Nice. It looks like the cuff and foot part are going to be almost the same length.
I like your avatar pic btw!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #1233 
Leeniex

He's so freaking adorable.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #1234 
AngelicScars

Pretty much, I heart him in Boondocks too.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #1235 
AngelicScars

The heel that I'm doing is called "Eye of Partridge Heel Pattern."
So far it's been easy. I'm a little worried about the gusset part, because it honestly makes no sense to me. I'm hoping by the time I get there, it will.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #1236 
TheCrabbyTabby

I gave up on the miserable excuse of a potholder I knitted, undid it, and rewound the yard back into the ball. I decided to go a different route and maybe try knitting a scarf. So far I have casted on. That's it. I am a notorious procrastinator. Just out of curiosity, how many stitches are recommended for a scarf? Is there a set amount? Or should I just go with what I think is a good amount? I made about 20 stitches when I casted.

I am going with the "knit one, pearl two" method on some worsted weight wool yarn. At least I think its that. Its basically a simple blue yarn my mom had left over from her attempt at knitting a sweater some odd years ago. She isn't very good at knitting either, so it didn't turn out.

At first, I wanted to knit a scarf with this lovely, fuzzy lavender yarn, but it was a difficult yarn to work with. I think its cotton because it slips on the needles and has no stretch to it. Its also hard to see the stitches due to all the fuzz. Definitely not a beginner yarn. So Mom gave me the blue wool yarn to work with instead.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #1237 
AngelicScars

Do a gauge swatch, but usually worsted weight is 16-20 stitches per 4".
Old 08-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #1238 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
The heel that I'm doing is called "Eye of Partridge Heel Pattern."
So far it's been easy. I'm a little worried about the gusset part, because it honestly makes no sense to me. I'm hoping by the time I get there, it will.
That looks interesting, I'll have to try it. The gusset will make sense when you get there. If not, youtube has saved the day for me many times, lol.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #1239 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I gave up on the miserable excuse of a potholder I knitted, undid it, and rewound the yard back into the ball. I decided to go a different route and maybe try knitting a scarf. So far I have casted on. That's it. I am a notorious procrastinator. Just out of curiosity, how many stitches are recommended for a scarf? Is there a set amount? Or should I just go with what I think is a good amount? I made about 20 stitches when I casted.

I am going with the "knit one, pearl two" method on some worsted weight wool yarn. At least I think its that. Its basically a simple blue yarn my mom had left over from her attempt at knitting a sweater some odd years ago. She isn't very good at knitting either, so it didn't turn out.

At first, I wanted to knit a scarf with this lovely, fuzzy lavender yarn, but it was a difficult yarn to work with. I think its cotton because it slips on the needles and has no stretch to it. Its also hard to see the stitches due to all the fuzz. Definitely not a beginner yarn. So Mom gave me the blue wool yarn to work with instead.
It all depends on what type needles you're working with and what weight of yarn. The fuzzy yarn (I'm assuming this) is probably around bulky weight? You'd want to use anything over a size 8 US for that, unless you want it really tight looking.
Knitting takes patience and practice. You should have seen the horrid excuse for a scarf I made on my first try, but you get better with experience, trust me. ;)

It's us to you really how you want your scarf. I've made skinny-long ones, long-fat ones, and medium sizes. :D

What size needles are you working with? And do you know the weight of the wool yarn? I'm guessing it's worsted weight?

I'd recommend just knitting all of your rows before you get into purling. Knit one, purl two will give you a ribbing effect, while knitting all rows will give you an easier piece to work with. Or!, you coud try some ribbing for about 4-5 inches and then knit.

Just for some examples:::

This is what knitting straight across will look like. http://0.tqn.com/d/knitting/1/0/q/-/...itch_scarf.jpg

And here's a ribbed scarf. http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/images/...ibby-whole.jpg

There are endless possibilities when it comes to knitting, and so many different patterns! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it! :)
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #1240 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
That looks interesting, I'll have to try it. The gusset will make sense when you get there. If not, youtube has saved the day for me many times, lol.
I made it it the gusset, I'll save that for tomorrow.
It should be easy, I just need to make sure I cleanly pick up and knit the stitches.