Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #971 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
Leeniex do you know if you can crochet socks? I can't knit and I thought that's how you make socks. I know I that's how my grandma made socks for me. That's the only thing holding me back from buying from your shop is the yarn is so gorgeous and since its fancy and pricey (for me) I can't figure out what I would make with it. I'm in love with the boreas yarn. I keep coming back to look at it and thinking I might have to learn how to knit just for that yarn lol.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #972 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
Leeniex do you know if you can crochet socks? I can't knit and I thought that's how you make socks. I know I that's how my grandma made socks for me. That's the only thing holding me back from buying from your shop is the yarn is so gorgeous and since its fancy and pricey (for me) I can't figure out what I would make with it. I'm in love with the boreas yarn. I keep coming back to look at it and thinking I might have to learn how to knit just for that yarn lol.
Yes you can!!
Check out Revelry for patterns... there's lots of them!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #973 
Leeniex

Oh thank you Hedgehog! I crocheted a few pairs of socks before I started knitting. Ravelry is great, and I also use this website for patterns. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...tory/socks.php
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #974 
NflLover101

What is the easiest pattern for my first blanket/afghan that I want to make ?:)
NflLover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #975 
Leeniex

Ripples are fun.
http://www.handcraftingwithlove.net/...at-ripple.html

My first crocheted afghan was ridiculously difficult for me, but I thing a simple double or triple crochet with chunky yarn is fun.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #976 
hedgehog

Hey Leeniex is sock yarn/wool more difficult to work with than the acrylic red heart super saver stuff? That's what I'm used to working with. Also is the wool yarn that you dye soft? I start a job in a week where I'm on my feet 8 hours a day cleaning and working with dogs. I thought it might be nice to have a warm soft pair of socks to slip into afterwards.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #977 
Leeniex

Once I started knitting with wool I never looked back. To me Red Heart is scratchy and uncomfortable. This yarn is very fine and needs a small needle (I use 2's to knit socks). The socks I knit aren't real warm, I could wear them in the summer probably. If you want a warmer sock, I would go with worsted or DK weight. I just love making socks because they fit perfectly to my foot and once you get the hang of it, they're fun!

If you want to try out Boreas, I'll sell it to you for 1/2 price. ;)
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #978 
AngelicScars

Super Saver is like the crappiest yarn ever (not even because it's acrylic). I Love This Yarn is awesome acrylic, but really wool is the awesome!
Wool is amazing stuff. It's breathable and it doesn't need to be washed ALL the time either.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #979 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
Once I started knitting with wool I never looked back. To me Red Heart is scratchy and uncomfortable. This yarn is very fine and needs a small needle (I use 2's to knit socks). The socks I knit aren't real warm, I could wear them in the summer probably. If you want a warmer sock, I would go with worsted or DK weight. I just love making socks because they fit perfectly to my foot and once you get the hang of it, they're fun!

If you want to try out Boreas, I'll sell it to you for 1/2 price. ;)
Really? I've been debating buying it for about a week now and I just realized I had more money in my bank account than I thought I had. Yay! This will be the first fancy yarn I've ever bought.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #980 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
Super Saver is like the crappiest yarn ever (not even because it's acrylic). I Love This Yarn is awesome acrylic, but really wool is the awesome!
Wool is amazing stuff. It's breathable and it doesn't need to be washed ALL the time either.
I really don't like it but I wasn't sure I would be any good at crochet or even like it so I figured I'd buy a lot of cheap yarn to practice. I use a different brand new that's a little nicer Loops and threads. Mostly I make cat toys so I don't really want to spend a lot on yarn that will be ripped up anyways lol.