Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2011, 04:03 AM   #11 
copperarabian

do you know the name of the pellets Sakura?
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #12 
fightergirl2710

I think I would be freaked out at this point but as you said, it probably can be fixed.. But copper will have to move fast. :/
I think all fish are different, Cleo got so sick and miserable even without pineconing as much as this but then Creat's girl is going strong for so long even when she's so bad... So, I can't really say :( I just hope he's one of the resilient types...
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Jungle Labs Anti-Parasite Medicated Pellets. So far I haven't found them in Petsmart or Petco but at my local Pet Club. You might want to try there first.

Creat's girl is a freak of nature in a very good way. Honestly, that fish surviving so long is like a man surviving with an arrow through his brain. Oops, sorry a little graphic.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #14 
copperarabian

oh cool, I though Petclub was only in the bay area, that's where I buy most of my aquarium plants and to bug the employees who are clueless about their fish.

I hope creats girl survives, she looks so bad :(
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #15 
fightergirl2710

I know, that girl must be the reason they call bettas "fighters"!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #16 
Sakura8

No, they have one in Elk Grove, amazingly. I have a Petsmart, Petco and Pet Club all within a 2 mile radius of each other and my Pet Club takes the best care of their fish out of all 3. They also stock the more unusual fish; they're where I finally found my panda cories, not at any of my "exotic" aquarium stores.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #17 
copperarabian

I bought my ABF from petclub, and petclub is about a mile away, petco is like 2 1/2 miles, and I only know how to get to 2 petsmarts that are each like 15 minutes away, although in between all these there are a ton of petco's and petsmarts. On one street theirs 3 petco's within 2 miles.... like literally on the same street O.o
Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #18 
Pataflafla

My town only has a Petmsart and that's 45 minutes on the highway from where I live. There are literally no pet stores in this town whatsoever. And worst of all, the Petsmart here does not sell Maracyn 2, and we currently have 2 giant females with dropsy.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #19 
Sakura8

Pataflafla, that SUCKS. Every responsible pet store should have the basic medications, Maracyn II being one of them. Hope they were just out of stock and not that they don't carry it at all. But Tetracycline works too.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:36 AM   #20 
Pataflafla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Pataflafla, that SUCKS. Every responsible pet store should have the basic medications, Maracyn II being one of them. Hope they were just out of stock and not that they don't carry it at all. But Tetracycline works too.
No. This Petsmart literally just does not sell it. We looked all over the medicine aisle and asked the knowledgeable cashier and they do not sell it. It was the nice cashier that always gets really into our fish when we buy new ones and asks how they're doing every time we come back.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote