Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #31 
Sakura8

I'm so, so sorry, Copper. :( I really thought he had a chance. There must have been something else going on, something that we couldn't see at all. He was so handsome, he'll be missed by all who got to see his pictures. :( *big hug*

Pataflafla, I'm sorry you lost one of your guys too. :( It must have been even harder for you without Maracyn. I hope your other guy pulls through for you. *big hug*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #32 
DarkMoon17

I'm so sorry about Alucard :( It could have been plain old organ failure... Well, it could have been a number of things really... Typically the infection that causes dropsy is not contagious so you don't need to treat the others... If anything you can soak there pellets in garlic juice for a week or two just to boost their immune system and increase water changes for awhile. It's better not to use medications "just in case" since that can result in fish/bacteria building a resistance to it. At first sign of illness (clamped, inactive, not as interested in food, swollen eyes, gray belly) feed them the Anti-Parasite pellets...
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #33 
copperarabian

Thanks Sakura, I buried his body and it made me feel a lot better since I didn't have to look at his sad body every time I went into my room, and I'll miss him but it's now in the past and I have meds now so if it happens again I can start treating immediately.

And thanks darkmoon, I'll buy the anit-parasite pellets the next time I'm at the pet store and keep an eye out for those symptoms.

Last edited by copperarabian; 07-20-2011 at 09:58 PM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote