Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

ICK live plants/driftwood question

My 29 gallon had ICK..So I removed my plants, snails and some of my driftwood..I setup my snails in a separate tank with the plants and driftwood because I was using salt and heat to treat...I didn't want to hurt my snails..anyways..All is well in the 29 gallon again... It has been 2 1/2 weeks or so and I was wondering if it would be possible to add the plants and driftwood back into the 29 gallon...Do I have to worry about introducing my tank with ICK again from the plants or driftwood?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #2 
Pitluvs

From my understanding, every single tank has ICH in it. All of them. ICH only attaches to a host that is unhealthy or stressed, and then multiplies. At least that's what I heard when I treated my 29g a few weeks ago. I left my driftwood and snail in.. didn't harm them :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #3 
regalesse

put them back in it is safe. pitluvs is correct in his satement. keep the water temp over 80 and the ich should stay gone.
regalesse is offline   Reply With Quote