Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #21 
LittleBettas

They do, I have yet to find a place that takes decent care of them... or for that matter... minimal care
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #22 
bby1984

My new red ct male whom I lovingly named Twitch died tonight. I am not sure how long he had ich at the store and for not the first time promised myself tonight never to purchase a fish that is already ill. I always think I can save them but rarely can. I hope his last few days with me were as pleasent as could be.

The two new girls are healthy as horses. I have two new females comming Monday and I will quarintine them for two weeks and then introduce them all to their new ten gallon natural planted tank and their sorority mates. I think they will all be much happier there.
bby1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #23 
NCPanthersgurl

I can't wait to see the spawn you get. Honestly I didn't get a good look at your yellow/gold female but she kinda looks like she's pineapple, actually...
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #24 
bby1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPanthersgurl View Post
I can't wait to see the spawn you get. Honestly I didn't get a good look at your yellow/gold female but she kinda looks like she's pineapple, actually...
Yea I think your right.

She is more of a metalic yellow than a gold to me, but I am still learning how to classify betta so not sure what a better trained eye would classify her as. She is quite neat though and her personality is cute. She has become quite adventurous and she has built herself a little nest in her floating lotus. I decided to name her flower.
bby1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #25 
Pitluvs

Sorry to hear about Twitch :( I was actually thinking of renaming my Jose, Twitch but I was unsure. Once I saw this and saw your boy has passed, it made it official for me. I'm going to rename my boy, in Memory of yours :) ((hugs))

And on topic... I was going to breed my boy Carnage. He was a beautiful halfmoon, with poor scales. I had him paired with a female that had someone not so great fins and perfect scales. I would have kept the best of the spawn with both traits, don't care about color, and start again with the line and hopefully get the beautiful fins and gorgeous scales I wanted :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #26 
NCPanthersgurl

Aww cute name ^.^
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote