Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #1 
madbettalove89

Something wrong or just stressed?

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and recently (thanks to my assistant manager at work), betta fish are becoming a hobby of mine. I also work at Petsmart which probably doesn't help me since now I'm always tempted to go in the fish department and look at the bettas. Anyways...

I have 1 male betta that I've had for about 2 months now and he's awesome, I have no issues with him. Recently, my store has finally started carrying half moons and dragon scale bettas. On Tuesday, we got our fish shipment in and my assistant manager found a half moon she liked (that would make 4 for her to my knowledge ) and told me to go over to "look" at them. Well needless to say I walked back with 2 more bettas, both half moons. I will admit that I don't know very much about bettas when it comes to types and things like that, I'm still learning. Well 1 of the half moons is all red and has a huge beautiful half moon tale....gorgeous! He's coming around, eating with no issues and swimming happily. The other one is white and red and to me seems stressed. He's not really swimming around at all, just sits at the top, doesn't really move much and to my knowledge didn't eat yesterday when I put food in and didn't go for the bloodworms I put in today (not sure if he has since then eaten them or not) but he just isn't doing much. Could he just be stressed or could it be something more? He's so pretty and I'd hate to lose him (he would be my first death if I did ) All help is greatly appreciated!
madbettalove89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #2 
brownmane

Could be that he needs some time to settle in. He was moved to the store and then into your home. That's a lot of change for a fish. I would suggest that you give him a quiet area and do regular water changes and check on him. He may not feel like eating for a while.
I'm figuring that because he's not your first betta, that you have a heater for him? Bettas like being warm - 80F.
brownmane is offline   Reply With Quote