Betta Fish Forum banner

How the heck do you feed frozen foods!?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Abby 
#1 ·
I bought a pack of frozen bloodworms to add into my conditioning process.

How the heck do you get just enough to feed two bettas?! They come in these great big chunks - way too much. I cut a bit off with a knife and evne that was too much (I fed it to my two boys and they ate it very quickly but it was definitely more then they needed).

So how do I get only a few worms out of those giant blocks!?

#2 ·
I make the block the normal size, pick a few bloodworms out to feed to my bettas, and freeze the leftovers. I usually put it in a container with a lid so I can run it over warm tap water to unfreeze.

#4 ·
Take a knife and cut off what you want to use and then put the rest back in the freezer. I put mine in a little plastic medicine cup and add some warm water. I feed them with tweezers.

#6 ·
some smaller frozen food like brine shrimp are easier feed if you scrape off with a knife and just let them sit on the lip of a cup. i used to put it in water but i found out chasing the damn frozen shrimp is rather hard once they're free floating in warm water.

#7 ·
My method is to pop out one or two blocks of frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp and let that thaw in a cup of warm tap water. Then I just use my jumbo size 'aquascaping' tweezers to individually feed my fish.

All of my fish hand-feed, and it makes it easier when I'm feeding my sorority/pairs if I use tweezers because I can push the greedy guts away and let the shyer fish have a feed. Plus it lets me know exactly how much everyone gets.

#10 ·
I usually put the block in a ziplock bag. When it's thawed, I give him a few, and then all I have to do is seal the bag back up.

#13 ·
My method is similar. I have 20 bettas and 2 or three (one seems to have been eated i think) guppies and a catfish, so i pop out a block of bloodworms and a block of brine, get a medicant cup bout 3-5cm of TANK water and i loet it defrost and use a syringe to drip a bit into each bay and the female tank i get a lot of left over but better left over then not enough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.