Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #21 
GunsABlazin

When you swear the fish is cussing at you because you slacked on collecting fresh ML, and he had to deal with pellets.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #22 
AshSkylar

Had a dream last night that one of my bettas was looking kind of sad so I started to top off the water in his tank and he started to try to escape over the top. I pushed him back in five times before I woke up.
AshSkylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #23 
cajunamy
Banned

i'm always dreaming about my bettas escaping their tanks! i dream sometimes also that my bettas are just free floating in the air of my house
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #24 
Pitluvs

You know you're the crazy fish lady when they know you by name at the store, they won't talk to customers with you around (because you'll correct them) andddd you're the first at a 5 year old store to ask for a discount on a sick fish :)

I too also have spent nearly $2000 on fish stuff in the last 3 months O_o

And plan to spend more hehe
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #25 
Sweeda88

When you put off buying things like nail polish base coat and top coat to buy fish stuff, and you aren't able to paint your nails for MONTHS! This was big for me. I'm a nail polish FREAK.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #26 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
When you put off buying things like nail polish base coat and top coat to buy fish stuff, and you aren't able to paint your nails for MONTHS! This was big for me. I'm a nail polish FREAK.
I haven't bought nailpolish in years O_o :P XD
Old 07-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #27 
GunsABlazin

when you notice you have eggs in your bubble nest, and you actually DANCE.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #28 
LittleBettas

You know your a crazy fish lady when:

* you got your first Betta 2 months ago and now are up to five and looking for number 6...7...8...etc

*you trudge through tick nests (has happened twice so far and Im allergic) to find the only oak tree in 3 miles (all we have is maples :/ )

*you ground your dog for looking at your Bettas to long (she likes to steal the fish food!)

*you are constatly going through tores with the thought "Will my bettas like this?"

*the people in walmart know you as the betta girl

*you sift through the same fish over and over to make sure none are sick, then take the sickest home in hopes to save it (RIP Goldie)

*you spend 30 minutes trying to find the PERFECT M larva for your bettas, you soak their pellets in garlic because they dont like how hard the pellets are

*you apologize to your bettas when you have to take them out for 100% water changes...

*you collect M larva and keep them in their on garlic water

*you yell at your BF for buying the wrong kind of betta food or water conditionor, then make him get up a 7am to drive an hour and a half to get the right one

*you stay up till 1:30 cleaning out tanks

*you sit outside in the rain trying to catch M larva cause you know how much your betta loves them

*you yell at a little kid for puting a betta cup down to hard... and get a rude look from the mom

*you would rather be watching your betta's eat then eat yourself or watch a new movie

*you contantly get up to check on your new betta

*you cant sleep when your betta is sick

*you're upgrading your betta tanks and thinking about getting another betta since you now have an empty tank

*you see a bland betta and think... is hes/she is here next time I'll get him/her... and end up getting him/her plus one more betta

*when you dream about getting another betta... and wake up and wish you could clean his/her tank

I really do wish and dream I had another betta... lmao.. my bfs gonna kill me
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #29 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
*you contantly get up to check on your new betta

*you cant sleep when your betta is sick

*you're upgrading your betta tanks and thinking about getting another betta since you now have an empty tank
I am suffering from this now! But I want to have a 1g QT for each Betta which means I am down a 1g for Jose. But then I think I could use small tubs and could get 3 more and I have to stop myself. You can heat a tub and our winters get cold LOL But it's only $40 for a new Betta with tank/filter/light/heat....see?

And I'm constantly checking on the new guys especially after loosing my first two. I'm like a nervous Momma checking on a newborn sleeping.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #30 
LittleBettas

lol, I know, its gotten to the point my bf has threatened to lock me up so I'll sleep through the night... like that would help me!
only $40.... thats what I told my bf!!!! the first 2 or 3 times it worked... lmao
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote