Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2011, 02:08 AM   #31 
Pitluvs

Ya, the last 2 Bettas cost me $100 each, but now I have left overs from their tank that I could put into another, see? I'm smart! I told Hubby that's saving money, he didn't buy it though lol If I didn't have the big tanks, I'd have more Bettas. Heck, I'd breed lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:29 AM   #32 
LittleBettas

ooo. i would to!!!! lol, its amazing how people without the "bug" dont get it... though they are more than happy to support it when need be (m bf got me Wildfire as a present for petsitting and keeping his mom company whie he was working full time)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:38 AM   #33 
copperarabian

lol

When I sleepwalk/talk about moving my fish

People at petco ask me for help with fish supplies and make me explain something to them for 10-30 minutes then are surprised when I tell them I don't work there.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:40 AM   #34 
LittleBettas

lmao, that happens to me all the time... though usully dealing more with dogs and normally a petsmart :)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #35 
fightergirl2710

You know you're crazy fish lady when:

You try to plan what college you'll go to, according to how close you will be to your fish.

When you wake up every morning and have to go say hi to every fish you have.

You keep correcting shop owners about tail types, water changes, tank sizes and feeding till they give you the evil eye.

You baby talk your fish when there are other people in the room.

Yell at people for trying to feed the babies pellets when all they will eat is bloodworms!

Make your boyfriend carry tanks for new fish, make him help you do drastic water changes and basically drag him halfway across the city to just go "see" the fish bazaar.

Tell your fish you love them more than you tell your boyfriend, sister or parents... Sad but true..

Try to convince others how awesome these fish are so they will buy one, get hooked and you'll have someone to talk to about bettas IRL.

Buy the prettiest, most expensive decor for your fish tanks, thinking about what the fish will like just to realise that a stupid mug will do as long as they can hide X(.

Risk looking insane while collecting Indian Almond leaves from the ground in heavy traffic areas.

Have lfs guy show you the new stock before anyone else and give you free fish since you buy so much stuff from them. Also give you sickl/ raggedy fish because no one will buy them.

Design a betta tattoo that you plan to get because you just love them so much!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #36 
mookeeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
For me;

1. When you close your eyes and see male bettas swimming/flaring against the black.

2. When you know all your pet store locations and rotate through them throughout the week so you don't look so insane, but the employees still know you, what you own, and what you bought 2 days ago... and in those 2 days you were at at least 2 other pet stores.

And those are the truth!
I have to say that I have experienced this fr the first time this week, hehehe!!!! I feel ya
mookeeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #37 
BerkB33

When you soak betta pellets in garlic juice and amoxicillin to see if the mixture will actually cure dropsy. Sure enough it worked...he's still with me 8 months later. He's scarred and tattered a bit but has a great quality of life.
BerkB33 is offline   Reply With Quote