Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #1 
WhiskeyHands

Question Betta and Betta and Betta

Can 3 female bettas that has been raised since they were very young eventually grow together without fighting in a 21 gallon tank and form a sorority?
WhiskeyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #2 
aemaki09

Its definitely possible, but I wouldnt risk it and just add a 4th (and possibly 5th) into the sorority.

you have plenty of room in 21 gallons to add more females to it.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #3 
WhiskeyHands

yeah i will probably be adding other females later when my tank is fully established, i think the ammonia has began to drop as it was really low compared to all my other tests. They've been in the tank since they were small and now im noticing theyve grown a bit bigger and took more pretty colours and for now still no fights so hopefully it works out
Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #4 
aemaki09

Goodluck with it! If they are okay then thats fine for now, but I'd rather play it safe and add a female or two more before anything goes haywire.
plus it makes the tank more active and interesting to look at :)
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #5 
WhiskeyHands

yeah but waiting till it cycles will be the better option right?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #6 
aemaki09

Yes. Definitely the safer option, although I dont think adding one fish would hurt your cycle, it would be fine to wait until it is fully cycled. You could always get a new one now and keep it in QT until the tank is cycled. That way when you add it you wont have to worry about disease getting into your new tank!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #7 
WhiskeyHands

i dont have any quarantine tank except an old fish bowl but i dont think that would be a good idea nah?
and the females i have right now will eventually begin to nip at each other for the pecking order thingy right or they'll not because they have been living together?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #8 
Fishybitty

I have two females, and they are doing great. The first day they were chasing each other. (no nipping) Now, two weaks later and they swim and stick together. I guess I got lucky. If they are all the same size they should be fine. Make sure there are a lot of hiding places. Before, when I had 5 females. The biggest one would pick on my smallest one.
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #9 
WhiskeyHands

i have 3 females since they were babies, not really babies but could barely see the colours, now they are growing big im just scared they tear each other apart, they've been swimming together too for now

Tags
sorority?