Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #1 
Johnificent

Smile Need your help!

Hi guys! Well, tomorrow my aunt is going to be taking me to petco to get my new little red betta a home, I have a $20 petco giftcard and I was wondering what would be a suitable tank for my betta in this price range, thank you! :D links would definitely help!
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #2 
CrazyCatLady

http://www.petco.com/product/113970/...Fish-Tank.aspx

Something along the lines of this is good, but it's really not that big. I wouldnt put anything more than 1 betta and 1 snail in it. Anything more will make it too crowded. However, with the cost, it really doesnt leave you much more for the fish or other decor.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #3 
Johnificent

Thank you for the link! I was thinking about something a bit bigger, like at least 1.5 gallons or higher :P something that goes higher along the lines of $20 will be just fine!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #4 
NCBetta

http://www.petco.com/product/102093/...m%20Kit-102093

I was actually thinking of purchasing this for my new Betta
NCBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #5 
laughing

PetCo has their fish aquarium Kritter Keepers. 3 gallons is $11 or $12 I believe. You wouldn't have a filter with that, but you could just disturb the water regularly and keep up on water changes until you could buy one? They're only $10 anyways, so shouldn't take you long to get one.

I highly suggest rocks from the dollar store. It's $1 for over a pound of them! They're gorgeous looking, too, and haven't eroded at all. They're real rocks. For $2 your bottom could be fully covered. I boiled some water, took it off the heat, and dropped the rocks in. Once the water fully cooled, I rinsed them off super well with warm water and let them cool off, they've never done anything, not even made my water harder.

I don't know decor wise in PetCo, but I do know they sell anacharis bunches for $3 and it's a hefty amount. Mine right now has FULL GROWN anubias for $5!! Just choose wisely on whatever you pick!

Good luck!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #6 
Johnificent

Thanks for all your help! I am actually going to my LPS today to look for a new tank for my new fishy :D