Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #31 
Sakura8

Yaaaay, Hughie looks so much better! It's amazing what a bit of epsom salts and some good food can do. His fins aren't clamped either. Way to go, Pitluvs! *high five* Way to go Hughie! *high . . . uh, fin*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #32 
Pitluvs

You have no idea how this makes me feel! After loosing my first two, and not being able to help them (so unsure of my skillz, didn't know what I was doing) it's nice to take home a sick fish and make him better. He's still not coloring up, but he's also not in a heated tank. But I am hoping this is the end of the SBD.

After all the time that felt like I failed at everything, it's nice to do something good. Guess I have two boys again! Thanks for being here for me Sakura.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #33 
Sakura8

I'm glad I could be here to see Hughie get well. I do remember how utterly devastated you were when you lost your last guy so I'm very, very happy that Hughie is doing so well for you. I'm also so very glad you didn't quit fish altogether. And so is Hughie because if it wasn't for you, who knows what would have happened to the poor guy? Congratulations, Pitluvs, I knew you could do it.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #34 
Pitluvs

Oh I was devastated, I still can't look at their photos :( Venom was my baby, I used to sit and talk to him and it was like he listened. Carnage was my heart betta, I wanted to breed him and share his beauty with the world. I gave up my two breeder Bettas (one of them could have been sold 20 times) because I was so damaged by all this. But, I woke up one morning and said "I'm going to the pet store, buying everything new and getting me a healthy betta!" This time, I figured I could take on a simpler case of SBD.

So far I have battled new tank syndrome, Ich, Columinaris, SBD and whatever it was Venom had. I'm getting there!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #35 
Sakura8

You've battled just about every thing a betta can face so you've gained a wealth of experience. It's just so sad we gain our best knowledge when we lose a betta. There's gotta be an easier way!

And yeah, you'll be battling new tank syndrome for years to come. :-3
Old 07-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #36 
Pitluvs

Only in the small small tanks, but I hope to switch to NPT for all of them. Plants are so expensive though :(
Old 07-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #37 
Sakura8

Yeah, NPT are such a great thing but the plants cost more than the bettas!. Plus, I'm a horrible aquatic gardener. I have no knack for it, I just stuff the roots in and hope they grow. Which they don't. >.<