Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #1 
Norichan

Sororities- Need some inspiration! <3

Planning a harem for my King of Siam, and I like to have a plan way ahead of time. I was wondering if people could please post some pictures of their sororities? I'd like to see what other people are doing with theirs and maybe get some inspiration for mine. =)
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #2 
Larsa

I am new to sororities myself, I just stared one yesterday. I have set up in a 10 gal tank 5 females, japser gravel at the bottom, live plants- grown betta bulbs and moss plant. I also have x-large fake but soft plastic pond imitation plants. I have large polished rocks for extra hiding :) I need more plants for them though, they are still chasing. They like large plants a lot :) Id show a pic but I havnt taken one yet!
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 AM   #3 
copperarabian

Mine has a lot of amazon swords, and a lot of floating anacharis that the girls can hide/sleep in.

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #4 
Larsa

copperarabian, those plants look fabulous! :D Im getting some of those plants too for mine. How many girls do you have in there!? o. 0 also when did sorority girls stop pickin on each other?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #5 
Norichan

*.* Nice one, Copper. That's really gorgeous.

Also, SERIOUS PROPS for naming a fish after an obscure Lord of the Rings character. Glorfindel is the man.
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #6 
Impolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
Mine has a lot of amazon swords, and a lot of floating anacharis that the girls can hide/sleep in.
THAT LOOKS AWESOME
just saying :)

heres mine though
Name:  IMG_1881.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  78.0 KB

I need to top it off, but Im doing a water change today so I'll do it then. Maybe if I didn't keep my room so stinking hot for my other fish (that dont have a heater) that wouldn't happen so quick.
Anyways, one fake hornwort, some wisteria floating and stuck in the gravel, and one amazon sword (thats probably about to die). and a fake something else idk what it is... and I think my java fern is dieing too... but when I get my 20 long, I'm getting the right light bulbs so maybe it will live again?! I can only hope. theres 5 girls. :P

and I'm getting more plants (my birthday is coming up, so thats why I haven't put more plants in yet)
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #7 
Larsa

Here is a pic of mine! Its not at all finished though... I am getting a pagoda, amazon sword plants, bamboo, and java moss after bills are done! I dont think its too bad for a days worth of buying decorations! :T

Edit Picture
Report Picture

Ha ha Sakura is in time out because she bit a few girls and keeps flaring. So I put her in a floatie cup. Now she behaves X'D

Today is day 2 of my sorority hopefully the biting and chasing will all stop soon.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #8 
nighthealr

Just added 5 girls to my planted, cycled 10g on Monday. Special-ordered from a breeder on aquabid-same spawn sisters. Arrived in one bag. No issues so far! Can't get them to hold still for pics though...
Attached Images

nighthealr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #9 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
copperarabian, those plants look fabulous! :D Im getting some of those plants too for mine. How many girls do you have in there!? o. 0 also when did sorority girls stop pickin on each other?
well, it's kind of embarrassing because that tank is over stocked, I have 9 girls, then 3 other fish with them (one was supposed to go in another tank, but they tried to kill it, and another was a wallmart rescue who needs a completely new tank), I do one 60% water change, and a 30% water change every week just to be safe and everyone gets along great.

When I moved them into that tank they never picked on each other, even when I take one out and put her back in later in the day :)

Quote:
orichan *.* Nice one, Copper. That's really gorgeous.

Also, SERIOUS PROPS for naming a fish after an obscure Lord of the Rings character. Glorfindel is the man.
lol, I've never thought of Glorfindel as a obscure LOTR's character XD, at the moment I'm trying to decide who will get these names-Elladen, Elrohir, Manwe, Hurin LOL

And Astaldo is a elvish word that means "Valiant", I might be a big fan of the books, movies, and other books(like Silmarillion, children of Hurin) LOL

@Impolite
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 AM   #10 
Larsa

Anyone else, did any bettas pick on each other the first few days of their sorority? O. o I feel left out, everyone so far has told me their girls never fought but mine pick at each other and chase each other except when they sleep : /
Norichan, I suggest lots and lots of plants for hiding... that way your girls dont end up getting torn up like mine. Im soooo sad because they all had gorgeous vibrant colored fins! :' ( oooo driftwood and rock caves give bettas a natural looking home.
If you want a natural looking habitat, google Thailand rice paddies and ponds on images for visual ideas : )