Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #11 
copperarabian

Here's some more pics, Tomorrow I'll take photo's of some of my girls if they are being good and my other boys.

My new marble and platinum orange dragon posed pretty for me, the dragons water has tannins in it, you can see why I like plain water more lol

Overhead view of my unnamed blue dragon mustard gas flaring, the next is also of him. I used my little mirror as a reflector to bounce more light onto him since the sun was lower, it shows his colors perfectly.

Unnamed marble platinum/black/yellow in diffused sunlight.
Don't worry, he's not depressed in this photo, he's just doing that thing where they swim around super fast/crazy and is just starting to dive XD

Dante
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #12 
Sakura8

Normally I'm not overly fond of the color yellow (okay, I flat out hate it to the point where I think I have an allergic reaction to it) but I really, really love your yellow marble guy, he looks so cheery-colored. And that second pic of your mustard gas is amazing because I think few of us have ever seen a betta's lips and eyes in such clear detail. Simply amazing. I would bet you could easily get a job as a photographer for a publication like Tropical Fish Hobbyist if you wanted, Copper, these pics are even better than some in that magazine!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #13 
Neil D

^+1 unnamed marble looks like he's saying " be nice to Emo Betta, I is sensitive"
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #14 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Normally I'm not overly fond of the color yellow (okay, I flat out hate it to the point where I think I have an allergic reaction to it) but I really, really love your yellow marble guy, he looks so cheery-colored. And that second pic of your mustard gas is amazing because I think few of us have ever seen a betta's lips and eyes in such clear detail. Simply amazing. I would bet you could easily get a job as a photographer for a publication like Tropical Fish Hobbyist if you wanted, Copper, these pics are even better than some in that magazine!
I don't like yellow or marble bettas but this guy was too cute to pass up(I did pass him up twice, and no one bought him even though he had been up in the front for a week and a half) XD He's my smallest male so that makes him extra adorable lol and thanks, That's such a huge compliment that you think it's good enough to be published in a fish magazine :D

Quote:
Neil D ^+1 unnamed marble looks like he's saying " be nice to Emo Betta, I is sensitive"
LOL yes, Emo fish need more love XD
Old 07-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Well, I'm absolutely serious, your photography is incredible. And you're not even through college yet!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #16 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Well, I'm absolutely serious, your photography is incredible. And you're not even through college yet!
*hugs* Thankyou so much! I'm hoping to get a macro lens this year, which will make photographing the bettas so much easier and have better quality since I won't need to crop as much :D And I can't wait o finish college XD It's going to be so cool to get a job doing what I love and I learn so much from my teachers. (: I was horribly stressed during the last summer and kinda lost what I really loved about photography, and instead was only doing the technical stuff instead of stuff that came from my soul. Photographing my fish has been a great break from school, and I can't wait to start the semester and be able to inspire myself self again :D

Thanks Sakura!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #17 
Sakura8

You're welcome, Copper. I mean every word, I'm so impressed. And if you can get a job doing what you love, photographing what you love, you will be one of the luckiest people on earth. Plus, making a living photographing fish would be a great excuse to get . . . more fish!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #18 
copperarabian

lol That would be a really good part time job :D I hope to work in advertising, or for discovery channel/national geographic, and maybe a little high fashion since that's where the money is and I want a really good job. I might try interning somewhere, one of my classmates is interning for the Jonas Brothers (lol, she hates it because she's their managers slave) and another for a amazing fashion magazine I forgot the name of XD

I'm thinking it would be fun to create a collection of photo's for a betta fine art book that also has very good information of care, and breeding. My photo's aren't even close to the quality(expecially since I'm not shooting in Raw right now, and don't have adobe light room available until the semester starts) I would need for that yet, but once they are I'll be starting a collection so I can one day do that :D

Last edited by copperarabian; 07-24-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #19 
Sakura8

I wish my stupid brother wasn't so . . . stupid, or I'd ask him about photography jobs. You could photograph some of the light shows he does in NYC. But he's stupid and never communicates so it's like . . . enh. Anyways, if you ever publish that betta book, I'll buy like ten copies. I'd be like, "See, aren't they beautiful, aren't they?" every time someone came over.

Do you get software off websites like www.academicsuperstore.com or do you get mega deals through your college?
Old 07-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #20 
copperarabian

That's cool your brother gets to do that, it sucks he is bad at communicating though. I'd probably be nervous about doing a job like that, going all the way to new york and if he doesn't like the photo's I would feel so bad XD Night photography is also pretty tricky, I have a fast lens but I don't use it very often since I'm usually using my telephoto or 18-55mm XD

I use the software in the digital dark room labs at school (basically a computer room with awesome printers only for photo majors, and a bunch of other cool photography things), and those computers can also process RAW images which are waaaaay more detailed, you'll notice a huge difference once I start school and use the labs. I used to do traditional prints and not being able to burn and doge on my computer totally sucks XD but in adobe and lightroom you can do it digitally yay lol

Last edited by copperarabian; 07-24-2011 at 03:23 AM.