Me, too!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #22 
fishman12

Yeah... I was thinking about getting frozen. Hmmmmm
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #23 
BETTA DET

I can't get my betta to eat those betta bites. Last night he just looked at it and then looked at me with the "yeah right" look. I may have to try the Aqueon brand. He loves the FD bloodworms though. The frozen sound nasty.
BETTA DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #24 
andarst

I bought my fish pellets and he litterally wouldnt eat for two weeks... he'd stare at them and spit them out... I finally bought frozen brine shrimp, and its his absolute favorite. The freeze dried bloodworms were the first thing he ate to he gets them like 3 times a week. But stick with the frozen fresh stuff :] as for my fish... pellets and flakes are simply not an option!
andarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #25 
Littlebittyfish

I use long tweezers to feed frozen bloodworms. It's real gross at first..but my bettas love attacking them. haha They also love the brine shrimp. :)

Last edited by Littlebittyfish; 08-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #26 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
I use long tweezers to feed frozen bloodworms. It's real gross at first..but my bettas love attacking them. haha They also love the brine shrimp. :)
Yes! Though I don't really find the frozen ones gross. I have been around them for my entire life because my mom used to treat our angels with them. I think I would find live grosser.
I do kind of find frozen brine shrimp gross because their eyeballs fall off sometimes.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #27 
Draug Isilme

I'm curious to know if anyone's used any of the Hikari products of brine shrimp and blood worms. I saw it today and the label seemed promising with 'Multi-Vitamin Enriched' on the label (both apparently have vitamin E, C, B1, B2, B6, and B12). I recall reading that freeze dried foods lacked nutrition, I honestly don't know all that much about frozen foods except for what I've read in this forum, and I kinda like the idea of using live foods, but I'm not sure how doable that option is... I still don't imagine the vitamin enriched foods would still replace regular pellet foods.. but I'd like to know if its worth buying, if there's really a big difference between the regular freeze dried ones or none at all, and so on and so forth.. Any takers?
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #28 
Myates

Used frozen for the last 16/17 years on all my tropical fish, they aren't so bad as long as you don't think about what they are when you touch them.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #29 
dragonflie

Agreed, they don't have to be that bad. :)

I get the blister packs with the cubes, so I don't have to touch them. Pop one cube in a mini tupperware, fill with tank water to thaw; and feed them to mr. betta with a baby medicine dropper. The community tank gets them with a turkey baster. They all go completely nuts over them, I'd say they are definitely their favorite treats. ;)
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #30 
Myates

I've been using Hikari for 16 yrs or so and I like them. For many fish I use the bloodworm cubes (larger fish in large tanks, not recommended for single or a few fish unless you cut up). Brine shrimp I like because I can just hold a bit of it in the water and let the fish pick it off lol. But then again, it is all frozen I use from Hikari. I would imagine their other stock would be good as well. I would look at the "ingrediants" in the back to compare and see what seems to have more benefits. Also, wouldn't make it a sole meal, a treat, or one meal of it every few days. But that is just my own personal opinion. :)

Edit: Dragonflie! Why didn't I ever come up with that idea???? lol and here I was always spoiling my big fish and cichlids and not my bettas. Sheesh.. *bangs head on desk* Great idea, thanks!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote