Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #31 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
Yes! Though I don't really find the frozen ones gross. I have been around them for my entire life because my mom used to treat our angels with them. I think I would find live grosser.
I do kind of find frozen brine shrimp gross because their eyeballs fall off sometimes.
Haha, yea I hate it when the frozen brine shrimp do that. I always have frozen brine shrimp around though..It's one of my gobys favorite foods..I only found bloodworms gross at first because of the blood color....I got used to it after awhile though...corydoras love the frozen bloodworms as well...My gobys are really picky with the frozen bloodworms...they wont eat them if they have been thawed and then frozen again.....so I usually cut up the cube in half before thawing...and feed the leftovers to my bettas so I don't have to refreeze it.I have noticed my corydoras are a bit more active now that I am feeding frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp..I have never seen a live bloodworm...or a live brine shrimp in the petstores around here..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #32 
EverythingNice55

Yes, those are only used as snacks, I'm sorry to say. I learned that the hard way..... O.O
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #33 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post

Edit: Dragonflie! Why didn't I ever come up with that idea???? lol and here I was always spoiling my big fish and cichlids and not my bettas. Sheesh.. *bangs head on desk* Great idea, thanks!
Hehe. With the baby medicine dropper I can feed them to him individually; and some of the others with the baster. I do end up wasting a good portion of the cube, because there are TONS of bloodworms in one cube, and I do feed them as snacks so there are always extra that I end up throwing away. They aren't all that expensive though..and because I use them as snacks they still last long enough in my eyes to justify the cost of what I end up wasting.

I tried the sheets of them once to avoid wasting any; but that was way too messy for my taste (cutting off pieces of a frozen bloodworm sheet, ewwww).
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #34 
Warlock

i don't see a reason why one should not be used..

freeze dried have a higher protein content the frozen.

for my discus.. that is what we want.. but with betta.. is this not true?!

so from reading this thread.. it just comes down to personal preference...
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #35 
Draug Isilme

That makes sense. One person told me it'd be best to get three different kinds of food so that way you could have a varied diet.. Which also makes sense to me 'cause if freeze dried does have a higher protein content than frozen like you said, Warlock, it'd be good to use for protein and anything else that's needed in the diet can me mixed into the bunch ^.^

I'd really like to have my own live brine shrimp to grow and feed to my fish.. I'm just not sure how doable it is or how to go about it.. -.-
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #36 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
i don't see a reason why one should not be used..

freeze dried have a higher protein content the frozen.

for my discus.. that is what we want.. but with betta.. is this not true?!

so from reading this thread.. it just comes down to personal preference...
Freeze dried can swell in the betta bellies once they are eaten; and bettas seem to be more prone to constipation than some other fish. That is the general consensus anyway. ;) Maybe mine are just spoiled but my own bettas prefer the frozen.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote