Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #11 
kaykay1295

idk how its possible, they are very small fish, one of them is pregnant. we think and she plans to keep the babys in the bowl! i cleaned it earlier so it's a little better than it was.. i'm finding out i enjoy cleaning the fish tanks
kaykay1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #12 
Sakura8

So sweet, sounds like they will be buds all right. Yeah, I love my special girl. She has trouble remembering where she is and what she was doing. She comes in from the garage and immediately wants to go back out, then immediately wants back in. She starts to jump up on something then forgets in mid leap and just plops back down. She sleeps with her tongue hanging out and yowls for no reason. She falls off things too. One time she fell down behind the water heater where she liked to sleep because it was warm. Had to call my dad home from work to get her out.

I recommend neons, rasboras, or cory cats for your tank. I have panda cories in my tank and because they're bottom feeders, my betta doesn't bother them and they don't bother her. You can put probably 5 bronze or albino cories in a 20 gal tank. Rasboras are peaceful schoolers, could get maybe 10. Neons have been known to nip fins but otherwise they usually work well. A big school of neons is pretty, you could probably have 12-15 in a 20 gal. For a 10 gal, you can have 3-4 bronze or albino cories, or 5-6 rasboras or 8 neons.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #13 
kaykay1295

i got a ten gallon. i had it all set up and was letting it cycle when the filter broke for no aparent reason! oh wel i bought a new one, i think im going to start a communtity tank, any idea if they have forrums for them aswell i really like the betta forrum.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #14 
Sakura8

Well, you can always post on the betta forum's parent website
www.tropicalfishkeeping.com
But I like the people on the betta forum best. You can try posting in the lounge. Or try the "I Have No Self-Control" thread. We talk about just about anything there so we'll help you there, too.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #15 
kaykay1295

thankyou, i really enjoy the betta forum. it is very helpful and the people are friendly. i've learned so much in just 2 days i love it! much better than trying to shift thru a google search!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #16 
Sakura8

No problem. I love the people here. I'm a member of another fish forum but I never post there anymore because the people just aren't anywhere near as nice as here.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #17 
kaykay1295

and everyone on here is helpful. i have a yahoo answers acount, and it sometimes takes WEEKS before ill get a single answer and its rarely helpful. on here i usualy get a helpful reply in minutes!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #18 
Sakura8

Yeah, this forum is the best. And people here actually know what they're talking about most of the time.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #19 
kaykay1295

ikr! i went to go buy some companion for my betta and i asked the salesman his oppinion he looked at me and laughed!!! i said wtf he said you can't put betta with other fish!! i said you wanna bet?! so i bought my ghost shrimp with him chuckling, i plan to take pictures later this week to prove him wrong
Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #20 
Sakura8

I'm surprised you didn't throw some dirty tank water at him. I hate when people are like that! It's like, no, they can't be with other bettas or anything that can eat them. Sheesh, you'd like to think fish salesmen know what they're talking about but I learned a long time ago most of them don't.