Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #11 
Sakura8

You could try the floating lily pad if you wanted. I just got two of those leaf things and put one in my HM's tank. So far he's ignoring it but that's just him. I hear a lot of other bettas love them, you could try one. I'm not sure how moss balls do with salt either.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #12 
LittleBettas

Ill run by petsmart on my way dropping my bf off and grab one to see how he likes it if he doesnt like it Ill let Tihs or King try it out, or give it to my sister for her betta Adam, lol, either way it wont go to waste...
hopefully I can refrain from getting another betta :/ just cant resist looking at the lonely ones in the back
Hopefully this guy makes it... now I just have to give him a name...
Any ideas?
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Something that sounds courageous and tough because he'll need all the courage and guts he can get. Hehe, Superman or Hercules, something heroic like that maybe. He looks so sad still, like he can't quite believe his good luck at finding a home, like he thinks it may be a dream or something. I'm so glad you're giving him a good home and a fighting chance.

When I went to get my betta leaves I literally jogged in, grabbed them without looking down at the bettas on the shelf below, and went straight to the cashier. If I don't do something that drastic, I'm like you, I feel so bad for the ones stuck in the back where no one can see them. I so hate when they stack them like they're cans of soup or something.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #14 
LittleBettas

I have actually been thinking of calling him Hercules!
lol, Im so hoping he make it, they really should put the betta fishes under lock and key, Im sure this isnt the first time this has happened.
My bfs mom is giving us a ten gallon tank so I think Ill do a female soriority, I know the females dont get bought a often (thats why I got Tihs, cant use her in a sorioity tough since shes aggressive withother fish)
Ill put updates and pictures up on Hercules in the morning after dropping the bf off :)
Old 07-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Sounds good, I hope he's doing a lot better by then. Go Hercules, get well soon!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #16 
LittleBettas

Walked by his taking mutts out, he darted to the other side of the tank when I turned the lights on but his breating seems good

And King popped up to say hi, not sure yet whether or not to add a ghost shrimp to his tank along with a moss ball... still pieces of Hercules in his tank and I cant help but to be a bit creeped out.. he actually really friendly to people which i different, took Tihs a couple days to warm up to me
Old 07-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #17 
Sakura8

It's good he can dart, I think. I'd be more worried if he was so lethargic he didn't want to or couldn't move if he was startled.

What size tank is King in? If it's about a 2-5g, then you can try a ghost shrimp but beware King might decide to have some shrimp scampi. Lots of ghost shrimp disappear that way . . .
Old 07-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #18 
LittleBettas

Thats what I figured to, I went ahead and fed King earlier, he waited for the food to get soggy before eating it, havent fed Hercules yet, Ill probably crush the food up and feed it to him in the morning depending on how hes doing

They are all in 2 gallons, I figured Tihs would do that since she doesnt like other fish so I bought them expecting them to be eaten, now Im attached to these two so Ill have to go buy another to try with King, lol, going to wait till hes on a regular feeding scheduale first
Old 07-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #19 
Sakura8

If you have garlic, you can crush that and mix with a bit of tank water, then soak his pellet in that. Garlic is good for bettas, it boosts their immune system and helps them fight off parasites and infections. Also, it seems to stimulate their appetite.

Tihs sounds like a character, like a funny tough little girl. Hopefully King will like his ghost shrimp friend. Otherwise, I guess you can keep all the shrimp in their own tank. I've never kept any shrimp yet, I'm too afraid my bettas will eat them. Not sure I can handle seeing that, haha.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #20 
LittleBettas

I have garlic every where, I love it and is good for the mutts, lol, I'll try that, do I jut put the mixture in or just the actual bett food?
Doesit matter how much garlic?

She is, hence backwards her name spells ****, lmao, she eats the hard food whole, just swallows it, if it doesnt go down when she first trys, she swims in circles till it does (dont mess with Tihs and her food!)

Hopefully King does, I cant but to feel sorry for him all alone, if it turns out he doesnt do well with the shrimp, Ill monitor him for a while to check, then Ill give he shrimp to my sisters betta (hes sweet and like other fish, lol)

Tags
fight, rescued