Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 02:44 AM   #21 
Sakura8

I think you want garlic juice mostly, so maybe a clove or two of crushed garlic with maybe 1/3 cup of water and then soak his pellet in it.

Your girl is definitely a laugh riot. Creative name, I didn't even make that connection, hahaha.

Good luck with the shrimp and King, otherwise your sister's betta will be happy to have company. I guess if King does something to the shrimp he's making it pretty clear he's not as lonely as we think, haha.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #22 
LittleBettas

Just one pellet?
Sorry for all the qs, lol

She is, drives me crazy, lol, my bf came up with the name, he acually has some echoice names but I wanted something a bit more appropriate, lol, either ways shes turned out to be a great girl, she was a bland brown when I got her and was pushed all the way in the back, now shes a pretty blue with black strips, she occasionally flares up as green and when I turn water out, or mess with HER shimp or moss balls she turns almost white.

lol, good point, either way though he seems happier now than he did cramped up in a small container half filled with water and another betta and a BUNCH of poop
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #23 
Sakura8

Or however many pellets you give him. I wouldn't give more than 3 pellets at a time though. 2 is probably the best number. Little and often is the best way to feed bettas. And don't worry about the questions, I don't mind answering.

So your girl is not only a character, she's a chameleon too. So funny she gets almost white when you mess with her stuff. "Hands off, this is mine!" she says, hehe.

Haha, who wouldn't be happier after finally getting a new house that isn't filthy and filled with your own waste? King is probably ecstatic, I bet he'd kiss you if he could as a way of thanks. "Thank you so much for saving me from that horrible cup!"

Anyways, I'm off to bed. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to post them and I'll answer them in the morning if someone else hasn't already.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #24 
Tikibirds

It may take him a few days to adjust from his ordeal. The last betta i got from walmart was about a week ago and he has only just started swimming around. Before he hid behind the filter. He had stress stripes and I added a rather large decoration/hiding spot so that may have something to do with it? He was slo missing 1/2 of his tail fin from rot.

Stress coat will help with fin regrowth and can also be used as a water conditioner as well.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #25 
LittleBettas

Ive put 3 in the mixture, waiting for it all to get yummy now, when I walked by Hercules tank this morning he sawm to the bottom and is now resting on th rocks... Im actually stating to wonder about the SBD....
could it just be that hes having trouble swimming, hes having trouble adjusting?
Should I make the switch to espom salt jut in case?

lol, fits her to a T!

King did one better than giving me a kiss, he must have stayed up all night making a beautiful perfetly round bubble nest!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #26 
LittleBettas

oh, and do I put the whole mixture, water, cloves food, everything in?
just like dump it in?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #27 
Sakura8

Nope, just dip the pellets in the mixture for a few second, let 'em get nie and garlicky then feed the pellets only. You can probably refrigerate the whole garlic mixture so you can dip his other meals in it later.

You can wait a day or two more and see if Hercules perks up before switching to epsom salt. If it's SBD, we'll know for sure in a few days. Right now, it sounds like he may just be adjusting since he can swim pretty easily.

Aww, King made you a bubblenest. How sweet.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #28 
LittleBettas

Done and done, I let King try the garlic dipped food since he didnt like the pellets plain... he LOVED it, lol

Hercules is now layng on the rocks, hes breathing fine, I put some one pellet and it sank near him, he lifted his head and gave it a quick look, then put his head back down, he is swimming up every now a then to grab a mouthful of air before he swims back down (lowered the water for him and he didnt like me putting the cup in, I think if he could of he would have flared up)
Old 07-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #29 
Sakura8

That's good Hercules is breathing fine, I really worry when all they do is lay around breathing heavily. Maybe he's just tired or stressed still. Usually when it's SBD, they either can't swim down or can't swim up. If they can't swim up, you will see the affected betta have to make a huge effort to reach the surface, like literally push off from the bottom of the tank and make a desperate leap to grab air. Keep trying to get Hercules to eat, it's important he gets some nutrients into him so he can get his strength back. But don't leave any uneaten food in there for more than 10 minutes, suck it back out with a turkey baster or eyedropper.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #30 
LittleBettas

Hercules is swimming back and forth from the bottom to the top, hes taking litle rest breaks at each destination, I caugh him on one of his air breaks, I dont hink he was happy with the camera, I'll have pictures posted in a bit (uploading to laptop now)
should I put in a new piece of food after taking the old one out? or wait a bit?

Tags
fight, rescued