Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #31 
Sakura8

Maybe wait a bit. If he's still adjusting, it could take a few days to get him to eat. You can try feeding him again in maybe a few hours.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #32 
LittleBettas

Thats what I'll do, heres the pictures (figured Id throw in some of King and Tihs)

King with his bubbles

Tihs saying hi

Tihs when one of the shrimps comes up to check my finger out

And my little boy Hercules
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #33 
Sakura8

King looks very proud of his bubblenest. Tihs is like, "Why is your finger there? Remove the finger or else." And poor Hercules, he looks so sad. I hope he'll eat soon, he needs some meat on him, he's so skinny! And his poor fins are a mess. Sigh, another victim of Wal-Mart's betta section.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #34 
LittleBettas

lol, you seem to have Tihs and King down pat

Im going to try feeding him again after lunch, should I try giving him mosquito larva?
and Im guessing his fins wont come back....

Im tempted to go up to Walmart and buy all of the bettas, though I know it wont do any good, they just got a new shipment in so I may go later and look through the "old" bettas :(
Old 07-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #35 
Sakura8

If you do have mosquito larva, yeah, that would be a great thing to try. And if he perks up and settles in, his fins probably WILL grow back. He just needs warm water and a high-protein diet. API Stress Coat will help and so will aquarium salt. It's amazing how their fins can regenerate.

I have to force myself not to go look through old bettas or I'd bring home half a dozen just from one pet store. I just say fishy prayers that there is someone out there who can give them good homes.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #36 
LittleBettas

Hercules has been eyeing the pellet I put in earlier, hes swimming around the top of the tank, it looked like a couple times he was gong to try and peck at it but then he swims away, looks at it, then comes back, and going to give him a larva though, see if he'll try that
he is showing interest in food though, so thats a good sign :)
Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #37 
Sakura8

If he continues to try the pellet, you can also crush it into smaller bits to see if that will help him eat it. But I'd definitely try the mosquito larva first. Live foods are always a good option if you have them.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #38 
LittleBettas

I went ahead and gave everyone a mosquito larva, Tihs swallowed it before it was even out of the container, King gave it a few seconds to swim before swallowing it, Hercules swam after it but the larvas faster than he is, keeping an eye on them though so Ill post updates if he eats it

also, I have some tadpoles that are about the size of a mosquito larva (freshly hatched), Ive never fed live food before but was wondering if the bettas could eat them
Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #39 
LittleBettas

No luck with the larava
BUT, I noticed Hercules laying on the ground funny, when I went for a closer look... he found a soggy dropped pellet and hes eating it!!!!!
Im SOOOO happy right now!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #40 
Sakura8

Yaaaay! Go Hercules! It's a good start, LittleBettas. Maybe Herc was so underfed at Wal-Mart that he has no strength at all. If so, getting him to eat is a great first step toward a recovery. Haha, and I can just picture Tihs with her larva. "Mine! All mine!"

Okay, I've got to get off a for a while. I'll definitely check back to see how Hercules is doing.

Oh, and I'm not sure bettas can eat tadpoles. I'd stick with the larva until someone who does know if they can or not posts.

Tags
fight, rescued