Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #11 
TheBlueBettaFish

As Neil said, Snails and Shrimp are just about the only things that can live with Bettas in a 5 gal. Sowwy,
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #12 
inkrealm

@Arashi Takamine
thanks, I'll take a look at them too :3
I was going to try the teeny little dwarf frogs, but ofcourse then I found out contrary to what several people had told me that they don't like the same systems ^-^; so that pretty much went down the drain, ha >^<

@Kytkattin
haha, I know that, no worries ><;;;
I'd definitely introduce them with something between them first to see how they both react to eachother, and I'd be ready to remove them immediately when I finally let them mix. not to mention loads of watching afterwards, I wouldn't just feed them to the shark haha 0^0
we don't have money for any more tanks right now, otherwise I would have :/ the only other tank I have is a ten or fifteen, and I need it for my fire belly, in addition to him already occupying it, and I'd be very hesitant to use anything I've used for my fire bellies for any other animal, especially with such a tiny time span in between, as they are toxic to other animals and could really hurt them XC
sorry, I meant to say 78 I think >< the temp is set, but it's usually warmer than that, I haven't had the heater need to turn itself on in awhile ^-^
I also add in warmer water whenever I do changes. ^-^

@UglyMuffin777
oh thanks :D
I don't remember ours having one of those... they seemed pretty low on stock though so maybe they just were out ^-^; I'll have to keep an eye out, especially when traveling ^-^ I love stopping into pet stores while traveling, they always have great stuff your town's doesn't x3;

Last edited by inkrealm; 07-23-2011 at 02:00 PM.
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #13 
UglyMuffin777

Quote:
it's hard not to look at the bettas though, haha ;-;"
Yea, just last week I was visting my brothers up in Chicago, and there was this perfect little half moon there. He was practically saying "Please please help me out, look how cute I am, I can twirl and dance , and I wont even bother you. I will just stay in my little corner of your room!! See, see I will even flare for you now, just to show how cute I am." My heart broke and I BEGGED my one of my brothers (who hates animals I may add) to buy him. Of course he said no, but it was worth a try...
UglyMuffin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #14 
Neil D

Aww

You could divide a 5g ...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #15 
inkrealm

@UglyMuffin777
awwww, haha, I know exactly what you mean :( at least he was an HM so I'm sure he found a home quick... but it definitely is SO hard XC I just have to remind myself what an awful trip back they'd have ;-; it still breaks your heart as you leave though ;-;

@Neil
that might be a good idea >^<
I'm always trying to figure out ways to divide my tanks to make space for more animals >.<;
the other day my brother visited and we were playing Portal, and he was complaining about how stupidly they decided to divide up the two players' screens, and I seriously almost said, "Yeah, if they'd have just divided it vertically instead of horizontally, you totally could have had two 2.5's instead of this." because it resembled a divided five gallon >.<; //.slapped
I couldn't believe I'd just done that XD;
I wonder what my betta would think of it, too.... I'm not sure how much space he'd have left to swim... but he surprised me choosing to make his first bubble nest in the QT tank instead of his big one... maybe he likes smaller spaces more than I thought....
and he actually does like trying to /squeeze/ through small spaces, so come to think, if I found a way to make it like a kindof jungle or maze, he might really enjoy that, I dunno >.<;

Last edited by inkrealm; 07-23-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #16 
UglyMuffin777

I know.... mainly cause since he was so beautiful, some uneducated kid will prob. stick him in one of these "Betta Killers" :
http://www.thewallaquarium.com/image...-fish-bowl.jpg

**sigh
Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #17 
Neil D

I think the betta was photoshop-ed in there.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #18 
inkrealm

@UglyMuffin777
maybe someone who knows a lot about bettas and goes to see them every chance like you do will get him too, though :D
I actually really like those things, I think they're really cool and pretty to look at. ;-;
i know how awful they are for the fish though, so ofcourse I'd never EVER actually use one.
in addition to small spaces and less oxygen, as far as I've seen with my buddy anyway, most fish just don't like bubbles. I had to QT him once in an emergency, so I tried to put him in a vase JUST for a few hours till I could get the 2.5 tank, and as soon as I put him in he went insane. I waited for a few minutes to see if he'd settle in and was just upset about the move, but I ended up putting him back pretty fast because I could see the stress streak and I was scared he'd hurt himself. ;-;

Last edited by inkrealm; 07-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #19 
UglyMuffin777

Yea, I've got my finger crossed for that betta :) and the bubbles thingy are cute and decorative, but they are way to small for a betta to live comfortably.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #20 
inkrealm

I bet he'll do okay :D

it is a real shame >.< is there ANY fish that actually likes those things if they're large enough? or are they just complete torture methods all around? >.<