Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #31 
UglyMuffin777

The only bad thing about it was that the screen was dark, to kinda give it an evil look, and my dad was constantly squinting at the screen and asking "whats going on?" Next time I'm going with friends even if it means I have to pay for the ticket myself, lol.
UglyMuffin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #32 
inkrealm

@Neil-
haha, ditto, when I was really little my mom read them to me for bedtime stories and when I was a little older I'd read them or listen to them on tape,
we went to every midnight book release,
saw every movie in theater, went to the midnight ones when we could... now that they're over I dunno what to think >^<
corny as it sounds if you grew up with the books it really felt like you grew up with the characters themselves, stories and movies.... ;-;"
there will definitely be more good books, but I don't think there could ever be another Harry Potter.. I don't know how she managed it but they raised a whole generation, single-handedly in some cases, they have pretty big shoes to fill. >^< <3

@Ugly Muffin-
aww, haha, well he was looking out for you in a mildly twisted sense x3;;
I'm sure it was still great :3
grown-up Malfroy was so awkward with his kid, I almost rolled :'3
and everyone cheered when Jenny's mom came to her defense rather angrily x3
it was all so great <3
except Snape's story ;-; that pretty much killed me. that was awful ;-; well done though. ;x;

@both >.<; //.sucks at multi-talking
I am excited about the Hunger Games. not in the same way, but I'm hoping. ^-^; I haven't gotten to read the book yet, or the series, obviously >.<;
I heard they're good though...
I have to confess I kinda hated Twilight... I think it had potential... I loved the first book.... I just don't like where it went ><; the whole love triangle and all the stupid teenage braindead stuff just kindof killed it for me ><; my friend's an in denial twihard though, haha ^-^
I was kindof nervous as far as The Hunger Games stand, since they did come along close to Twilight... I know the town it's being filmed in/near though and it's a pretty cool place, so I'm giving it hopes that it must be a pretty decent book ^-^; I got a paperback copy for seven dollars, so I'm psyched for that :D

edit: @Ugly Muffin
rofl, I totally hear you there. my dad was off for the midnight one for the very first time, so he came with us. he's not really a HP fan though, and to boot he's really cranky and hates most things cheerful x3;
so every time the fans started getting excited he'd get super pissed and start making snide remarks <T^T>"
it was still worth it though :D

Last edited by inkrealm; 07-24-2011 at 01:52 AM.
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #33 
inkrealm

oops, one of the** x3;
Old 07-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #34 
Thunderloon

just to add in

I feel its kinda important to point out that most neon tetra will grow to 1.5 inches and they don't like to live in groups under 8 in the shoal, so the minimum by regular standards for neon tetra and a betta would be a 14/15 gallon tank.

You can get away with having half and half neons and glow lights or mixing neons with cardinal tetra without problem. Emo lived with them for quite a while without any problem but Goat was in the same tank after I added some Green Fire tetra (mixed breed of Bloodfin) and they decided his fins were food. (technically true)

The ones I have had the best luck with are actually Pristella and Gold Pristella tetra. They do fine in groups of 4 and 5, end up about 2 inches in size and while they're a bit territorial they're also excellent darting swimmers and have very very small mouths for their size. They are, however, exceptionally sensitive to Nitrite and Ammonia levels.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #35 
UglyMuffin777

@inkrealm: When the books came out, I wasnt "12" years old like he was so to say, so I couldn't really "grow" up with Harry Potter. I still did somewhat in a weird way, cause you had me when I was in second grade trying to read the 4th book, while everyone else was playing tag. I kinda gave up, then started reading the series again 2-3 years later. My BFF's brother was actually 12 when the books came out so he can relate to Harry, other than that fact harry is magical, trying to defeat voldemort, and the "boy who lived". Like how the 1st movie is all cute and cuddley for younger audiences, and as it progresses Harry and his friends kinda grow up, so it intertains the same audience as they grow up.

Im not a movie critic, and Im not saying its bad for everyone else to read it just that I wish I grew up with it like you guys :( And snapes story WAS so sad... AHHH, at least they didn't include from the book when he said to lily : "I thought we were going to be friends forever.." That would've done me in...

Nice.. your dad sounds like my bff's dad.... "Is dumbledork suppossed to be a good guy?" And of course he said it (really loud) in the middle of a silent, dramatic part(we went to see the 6th one). ***sigh, so embarrased...
Old 07-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #36 
inkrealm

@Thunderloon
ah, thankyou :3
I'll definitely take those mixes into account if I manage to get a larger tank ^-^

@Ugly Muffin
nah, I wasn't his exact age. I never thought about that though;
maybe because I hung out with my brother and his friends more than kids my age, and he and they were pretty close to Harry's age, so ^-^;
I agree on the movie thing, like Toy Story, they timed the movie releases really well.
ofcourse unlike Toy Story, they pretty much had one movie every year for every year of the characters' and the kids' lives, so it was more so ^-^;
I was also really happy that they managed to keep mostly the same actors, especially the three main kids... I bet the actors for them are really lost too >^<
and the first compared to the last definitely was a huge difference, particularly in darkness ^-^;

ohgeeze ;x; </3
lol, I think I was already bawling like a baby. it reminded me of someone though so it was already worse haha >< if they'd added that part I definitely would have lost it >^< and the part where she died and he found her was awful.... I guess it kindof had a semi-happy ending though... his Patronus took the shape of her right after she died, so for hopeless people like me we could argue that she may have ended up with him in the end even if not in person x3; //.shot
it was super disappointing to find out James was really just a big bully, too >.<;

Dumbledork >-<;
good old parents, never fail haha XC
Old 07-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #37 
UglyMuffin777

To bad they didn't manage to keep the same dumble"dork". Dumbledork number 1 died of Lympomia two and a half weeks before the American premiere of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and was ultimately replaced. And there was another death of another hp cast member who was stabbed as he was protecting his brother. Cant remember who he played >.<

And if they would've replaced daniel radcliff or someone like they replaced megan fox in transformers, that would have just been sad.

And James just pisses me off. Why would someone marry him? Lily would have been wayyyy better off with snape, even if he does need some shampoo.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #38 
Neil D

Lol, James + Lily= Harry.

James: knack for getting trouble, male
Lily: kind heart, eyes

Thats what got transferred into Harry.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #39 
UglyMuffin777

Trying to imagine Harry as a female and Ginny as a male :D hee hee
Old 07-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #40 
inkrealm

@Ugly Muffin
yeah, I did remember that,
that was definitely sad... but they and the actor they chose did well in filling his shoes, I thought... still sad ofcourse, no intention of dulling that down, ;^;
I didn't hear about the other death though, that's sweet, but really awful....

definitely if they'd have had to replace any of the those three, I think that would have ruined it. movies are never the same when you do things like that.

@Neil @Ugly Muffin
yeahyeah I know, no James = no Harry >.> still lame though, Snape deserved her so much more, and from what I saw, attacks due to wounded emotions aside, was a better guy in general, and cared for her much more x-x
I also didn't get that part, :/ Lilly was supposed to be really kind hearted, yet she ended up marrying the bully? doesn't that seem backwards? >.<; I mean I get that Snape pretty much slapped her across the face with the mud blood thing... but still, besides that she knew him well enough to know he was just upset, and he probably wouldn't have been so darn hurt if she had just stood up for him in the first place instead of scooting off with James's group.

@Ugly Muffin [ Second Post ]-
.... wait ..... what?! XD;;
I /think/ I see where you got the train of thought from, but still, rofl. ^-^;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

foo. another thing totally off-topic from the off-topic's subject x3
I was bummed Tonks died, and Remus ofcourse. she and Luna were always my favorite female characters though. I was glad they at least didn't kill off the latter >^<
mildly back towards the topic, I lost some fan for Sirius when I found out he was in the bullying group as well, <T^T> he grew up to be a decent guy, I think ><; but I guess it's some of the meeting-your-favorite-person-only-to-discover-they're-a-huge-egotistic-jerk syndrome type thing x3

Dumbledore also seemed a little harsh in Snape's memory referencing to Harry... I couldn't quite figure if he meant it or was just trying to push Snape's buttons....