Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #101 
atteb

Well I hope you both do get your money back that is such a shame that people can do things like this. It makes it bad for the folks that are honest and want to sell their fish online.

But.....guess what I got in my inbox today. I will not post the web site to this forum as I don't know if I can or not. But in this email there was a person claiming to need to find a home for their two bettas ASAP, the name is not the same as the one on this forum but I guess one can change names on other sites and do this exact same thing.

I did not reply to this email I deleted it and when I use to visit this site this particular person seems to do this often but they have never been banned from the site as I do recognize the name.

Be careful out there folks, don't get caught up in these crazy people needing to find homes for the bettas like tomorrow. If anyone wants to know the site pm me and I will tell you who and what forum as I don't want to cause any problems on here.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #102 
dramaqueen
Banned

Was it a pm or an actual e-mail?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #103 
atteb

Well, well, well. I was just on the other site and low and behold guess who is on there with the exact same plakat pair?

Seems he is in trouble on there too not getting along with members. He is 21 years old claims to be in the guard, reputation is very poor and is wanting anyone to take his betta forum for free what ever that means. So there is a bit about the character.

Glad he is no longer on here, thanks to the mods but he is still on the other site I mentioned.

I will stay here with the nice people.... Plus the other site even with good antivirus I seem to have issues.

Will gladly tell anyone whom wants to stay clear of the site just pm me.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #104 
atteb

Pm (private message)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #105 
flowerslegacy

Let me interject since this issue is still occuring: Internet scamming is a Federal offense. While it's easier to believe that this is some young person from Texas just scamming for a few dollars, the reality is it's probably an international scheme. The first step, whether it's international or national, is to contact the Federal authorities and talk to an agent about what is going on. They have a specific department that works solely on this type of scam. Especially if the person is still active, the Feds have a better chance of stopping it and hopefully catching the people involved. LionMom and Adbu, I highly encourage to contact your local Federal Beaurea of Investigation (FBI) and have a conversation. They will ask you for the posts and emails and pm's and follow through. While I've never been a victim of internet scamming, I came real close one time. The Feds responded immediately. This issue is a serious one, even if it's just $22 here and there. Hopefully you can help deter our wonderful fish sites from being a target for theives in the future.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #106 
mernincrazy8525

i agree flowerslegacy. because if he will continue doing this, it can escalate to more than 22 dollars. and even now think about it. he is getting 22 dollars from like 4 people. thats 88 dollars!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #107 
PinkBetta264

I say yeah call the FBI...it would sure be worth the phone call...maybe one less internet scammer out there. Atleast one less for us Betta lovers to worry about, especially if he is still active on another site. That pretty much seals it...if he was really honest about returning money, he wouldn't still be trying to pawn off the pair on another site. Probably not his fish, hacked the picture of the web somewhere, is my guess!! Gosh this is just awfull!! JUST MAKES ME!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #108 
Pitluvs

I just have to say, I sat back and watch this whole topic unfold and wow. I do want to say to those worried about people not buying from them because of this stuff... I would still buy from you :) This guy was a unknown member selling two fish. Yes, my heart hurt for him but even if he was Canadian, I couldn't pay for the fish. But but but if it was someone on here that's known and has been on a while AND has other members buying, I'd buy :)
Closed Thread