Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #1 
CrazyCatLady

Over eating...

I am having an issue with my Betta and over eating. I feed him 2-3 pellets and a small pinch of freezedried worms every day. I also put in 2 shrimp pellets and a algae wafer for 3 ghost shrimp, 1 cory cat and 2 snails.

After the Betta eats his food, he goes after the rest of the food for his tank mates! In no time, he has a big ol swollen belly full of food! He is always ok the next day but I know this can't be healthy!

I try to keep him occupied while I drop in the food for the others, but I swear he has a photographic memory and knows EXACTLY where the food landed in the tank!

Any idea what I can do differently to prevent it?
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #2 
atteb

If your feeding both pellet and FD bloodworms each feeding I would suggest you only feed one or the other. They don't need both each time as they will eat everything you give them plus. So oneday feed pellets and other feed the bloodworms. Remember less is more when it comes to these guys.

I also take one day out of the week and do not feed my fish at all, it will not hurt them at all.

As for your other guys in the tank try feeding them when the lights go out that way the betta hopefully will not see it and they will get use to you feeding them at that time.
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #3 
bettafreak33

^yep
bettafreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote