Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #1 
elegantlyunsophisticated

Talking Success!!! ( I think)

Hey everyone! I finally managed to spawn my boy Buckminster with my girl Bellatrix and last night I took Bell out and put her in some warm water and AQ salt cause it was a rough deal for her. I think I see some whitish clumps in the bubblenest that are solid white as opposed to clear like the bubbles, but the thing is I can't see them from the bottom, only from the top. Is this okay? I read in all the guides that you should be seeing the eggs by looking down on the bottom of the bubblenest. I'll post a picture as soon as my phone stops being dead Another new thing is that Buck flared at my finger today! Normally he is a sweet boy who tolerates my fingers in his tank moving stuff around but today he flared at me with a vengeance! I think the spawn happened sometime yesterday. I'm so excited!
Last question: Does the male stay under the bubblenest the whole time looking after the eggs? I feel like Buck is a bit of a... free range parent because he often strays away to chill in the plants or stare at me cleaning up the closet I'll post some pics and any further questions on this thread and keep everyone posted! Thanks for putting up with my previous questions! XP
elegantlyunsophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #2 
Punki

Some males start out with the eggs visible from underneath but then they load bubbles under them, pushing them up to the top, id say its normal. My male spent the first 12 hours moving his eggs to different spots and then resting in plants. Once they hateched he became much more involved. If they spawned yesterday you might have some hatch today! :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Usually the male will stay under the nest tending/mouthing the eggs/nest...if he is not staying under the nest and looks to be tending the eggs...he may not have any eggs or they are bad...or he just may not know what to do...this is rare...since they are driven by instinct.......good luck.....I hope you have eggs...you should know in 24-32h....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote