Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #21 
Sakura8

Yup, I agree totally with Pitluvs, he looks great. Must have been a full belly. Keep an eye on him, continue feeding him and maybe someday you'll actually catch him pooping. I didn't see any of my bettas actually poop for weeks.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:31 AM   #22 
Kiiarah

I could not be more relieved! Thank you so much for your help! It is very reassuring to know that I don't have to just make my best guess about what he needs. I started out with my goldies that way and it resulted in quite a few fish living in bowls. I even had an adopted common in a 10 gallon once, which is awful. We hadn't planned on him but had I thought to find a good goldfish forum I would have rehomed him. A small tank is no place for such a large fish! You live you learn I guess, but I am so glad that I will not have to learn bettas through trial and error. Claude sends many thanks as well! :)
Kiiarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #23 
Sakura8

You're so welcome. And yes, you live and learn. We were all new to fish at one point and we all made mistakes. I'm just glad Claude is doing so well.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #24 
gummi

I'd never kept bettas until recently, and I was used to the typical stringy fish poo. I didn't realize that betta's are basically like a tiny pellet. The only time I actually catch my betta pooping is when I put his exercise mirror in the tank for a few minutes. He's gets worked up and darts around the tank, and he poops almost every single time.
gummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:44 AM   #25 
Sakura8

I seriously will never understand what it is about flaring that gets them to poop. Also, my girls used to get so stressed when I'd cup them for water changes that they'd poo in the cup every single time. Some times the poo looks stringy but a lot of the times it's like a pellet, exactly like you said. And if they haven't gone for a looong time, it's like a BIG pellet.