Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #1 
Johnificent

Bye Petco

Today I went to my LPS, and I have to say I was really impressed. I immediately rushed into the aquatics section and found half-moons. They were all white! As in white! And they were in perfect condition, and water with not a hint of poop! And then I couldn't find the females, I asked the guy there, and they were in a heavily planted tank, as in, a huge tank with lots of plants and females! :D and then I went to the supplies, and there were tanks already set up to show you what they looked like, with fish in them! And again, clean water! They also had better customer service than the petco near me! Every corner I went to, someone asked me for help :D petco, I'm sorry, but bye :P I hope you guys can share some of your great LFS or LPS near you guys!
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 AM   #2 
sunrise2397

gahhhhh lucky!! i only have petco, walmart, or petsmart near me! and they all welll suck
sunrise2397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #3 
Pataflafla

I only have a Petsmart and Walmart, and those are practically an out of town venture. They're across the highway from the airport here, which is quite a ways out of town.

There haven't been any pet stores in town for years now, at least no quality ones. They never seem to last, which doesn't make much sense in a town of retired old people and a growing teen population. Someone in there has to want a pet.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #4 
Johnificent

Ahh ): I haven't picked up any bettas from my LPS yet because I currently don't have the set up for them, but my two other bettas are from petco, and the other I found him at the dollar store ):
Old 07-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #5 
Silverfang

gotta love finding a store like that!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #6 
TonyK

In a couple of weeks someone in Miwaukee is opening a Fish shop and he specializes in Bettas. It will be a 2 hour drive for me but, I will be making the trip.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #7 
ZaineRichards

Its the exact opposite for me where I live, the first betta I bought I went to 3 different pet stores. I went to Petsmart, but there betta fish weren't that spectacular. I then went to a non-chain fish store and same thing, no energetic eye-striking bettas. I finally went to another non-chain fish store and picked out a blue crowntail, it was pretty much the last one left. Ive had him for two months and he is super energetic, just moved him into a 15 gallon tank from a 2 gallon bowl.

A few days ago i went to walmart to pick up some stuff for the fish tank and saw a really nice crowntail, mostly blue and red but with hints of purple, most healthy fins ive ever seen in person, clean water, super active, he also has white long fins that with hints of purple in them, really cool. I put him in to the 3 gallon bowl, he looks better than my other betta but my other one has been in that bowl for two months so senority wins.

I went to another local fish store hoping id strike gold with a really nice betta but they only had 5 to 6 and they weren't too active, the worker there wasn't too helpful.

Im hoping one day ill walk into petco or petsmart right when they have had a new shipment, you think it would be tuesday since everything gets shipped on tuesday?
ZaineRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #8 
Johnificent

@tonyk that's really cool! It's gonna be worth the drive, wats that shop called?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #9 
bettaloverforever16

What does LPS stand for? The only thing I could think of is Littlest Pet Shop and I'm pretty sure that's not it XD
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #10 
Johnificent

Haha. X) it stands for local pet store