Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #21 
Shimizoki

Thanks everyone for the kinda words and color thoughts, both yellow/black and pineapple would be cool.

@NCP - I disagree they are all VT's, I may be wrong but I don't think there is any tail biting and the shape is definitively different between the confirmed VT green in the OP and all the others, most of the others have smooth round tails (possibly Delta?) like the Teal girl in my first pic in the second batch... Grey and Yellow have spikes that are far more prominent then on any of the others. While they may not be CT i wouldn't be surprised to learn there was some CT in them.

@Tony - Doooo itttttt, My tank actually looks quite different now. The Elodea has started to thrive and is growing, I have also thrown in an Anubis on driftwood, 2 homemade coconut caves... Its starting to turn into something.

Here it is now:
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #22 
sunrise2397

i LOVE the tank
sunrise2397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #23 
Shimizoki

Thanks, I will probably move some of the plants around now that they are bigger... The first time I planted I did it based off how they looked then, not how they would look grown up. I also have a moss ball to add to the tank.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #24 
fightergirl2710

*steals moss ball*

What mossball? >_>
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #25 
fishman12

Looks good Shimi! You gonna get anymore bettas soon? :P
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #26 
Shimizoki

lol Fighter... i'm sure you can get some where you are... They are huge in Japan. So you are basically surrounded by sellers.

@Fishman - Yea, I planed to have 10 or so Bettas in the tank... I have a fair amount of other fish so I didn't want to over burden it. The plants will help with the bioload though. Only time will tell.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #27 
fightergirl2710

I'm ure I can, gotta find them though and I don't have a credit card, I believe they're evil lol! I'll probably have to ask my mom to order it and then repay her but she probably will refuse because.. well, its a moss ball -___-
Old 08-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #28 
Shimizoki

Alright, so 6 is enough to start a sorority... however I was wondering how I add the fish to the tank at a later date.

I add 6 fish now and they all beat each other up until they get a territory. At a later date I want to add 4 more fish... how does one accomplish this? Do I just float them in the water for a day, then add them all at the same time? I plan on waiting another week before I add these 6 (unless its best to add them all at once). I want to make sure none of them are sick.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #29 
fightergirl2710

I add them all at once, it doesn't matter really but an aggressive one will be aggressive even if you add her last so I just put them all in together and they figure it out.. When adding girls later you have to float them for a week, let the oldies get used to them. Then remove all the girls, old and new, both groups separate... change around all the decor and put in the new girls. 10-15 min later, put in the old girls (together or one by one, least aggressive 1st.. I find together is easier) Some people feed them separately and then add them in the tank, I feed them all together so it keeps them preoccupied for awhile. :)
Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #30 
Shimizoki

Ugh, I didn't realize I needed to float them for a week... Jeez, how is one supposed to accomplish that? I think I will just hold off and add them all at once then, moving the decor in a planted tank will be annoying.

Shimi wonders if betta cups float upright.