Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #1 
GrimlockDESTROY

I feel so bad I can't sleep!

OK here is the situation, it's almost 2:30 am right now typing this, I was at Petsmart earlier today looking at various plants and supplies for my 10 gallon setup.

I looked in the direction of the betta fish and thought i would pay them a visit. I saw this one little crowntail guy swimming around, and noticed almost ALL of this fins were missing, it honestly looked like Fin Rot, instead of biting.

He is about 3 1/2 - 4 inches long and doesn't look to be more than 3-4 months old. I left him at the store and it has bothered me since, so I was gonna go back and buy him and save the little guy but they were already closed.

I feel like crap for not getting him when I was there, SO , I am going back to Petsmart the very first thing in the morning when they open, and I will get him. I will put him in this 5 gallon tank and try my best to rid him of this Fin Rot. He didn't seem bad as he was swimming around he just didn't hardly have any fins to wiggle at me and i felt sorry for him.

First thing in the morning I will buy him since they are having a sale on everything at the moment, and i will also pick up some aquarium salt to bathe him in. Don't worry little guy I will save you if i can! I will post pics of him in the appropriate thread and so everybody can see him.
GrimlockDESTROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:32 AM   #2 
Tikibirds

Awwwh, poor guy If you can pick up some STRESS COAT, that helps with fin regrowth and works as a water conditioner as well

Fin rot is fairly easy to cure. I also found a CT with fin rot but it was at walmart. He is doing much better now.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #3 
TwilightNite

I feel gilt every time I leave the pet store even if I got two Bettas! but if I were you I would go back today and get him and when you get him, post Pics!!!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #4 
Pitluvs

I leave the pet store often without a Betta :( I have two here who needed me and got that golden ticket to a good home from a pet store. But the sad little boy with no fins at the pet store now, he's got finrot. I feel so bad. When I am able to go back to work, I want to work at my local pet store in the fish section. Those bettas will have a good tank at least while I am working there!! If I can't save em, join em.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote