Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #11 
Smashy2019

also i forgot to mention there is a little snail in popos tank, he came on one of the plants i bought and has slowly been getting bigger hes about the size of a pea im not sure what type of snail it is the plant and snail were in with neon tetras its only little
Smashy2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 AM   #12 
Sakura8

:( If you can keep a light near his tank, that might help him stay warm. Sometimes bettas like the darkness and sometimes they don't. How are his fins, are they still clamped and glued together? And is he eating anything?

Your guppies should be fine, the males are known for nipping and chasing. As long as they can get away from each other, this is natural behavior in guppies.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #13 
Smashy2019

Heres an update, i noticed he was greyish so it scared me and there was the tiniest bit of bloating so i gave him a pea and put nutrifin betta plus conditioner in the tank as i had only put in the aqua plus stuff before and wasnt sure that made a difference so i put in the betta stuff i also put a lava lamp near him all night as well as i have a light up makeup mirror with 3 mirrors and ive checked on him he is no longer bloated the grey went away and hes swimming around really excitedly especially with the mirrors at times, he still takes time to relax and his fins look a little sticky but he seems much happier then last night
Old 07-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #14 
Sakura8

That's good news. I hope he continues to improve. It's not nice of him to scare you like that.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #15 
Smashy2019

Thanks for all your help especially you sakura8 this is the second time you've helped me :) I'll keep you updated, he seems a lot better now his fins are still curled but hes much happier in that big drawer with the lights, ill have to get him the bigger tank with proper lights and loads of room for him to spaz around :D
Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #16 
Sakura8

You're welcome. I'm glad he seems a lot happier, that's a good sign. Haha, I have a betta girl who is afraid of the dark. When I turn the tank lights off, she immediately gets stress striped. Keep me posted, 'kay?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:10 AM   #17 
Pitluvs

The difference between the Betta Plus and the Aqua plus is the concentration :) Betta Plus is more watery, so you can dose small tanks. Aqua plus is more condensed so you only have to add a cap full for each 10g (I think? Or is it 5g?) You would look silly trying to dose a 1gal tank with a tiny tiny drop of AquaPlus, or pouring 6 bottles of Betta Plus in a 10g tank :) They make it that way so dosing tanks is easier and cheaper (6 bottles would suck per water change!)

Glad to hear everything is better! Sakura to the rescue once again!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #18 
Smashy2019

Smile

Hes in a clear plastic drawer that is probably about 2 or 3g temporarily until i can get him a proper bigger tank :)
Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #19 
Sakura8

Haha, a lot of people keep their bettas in plastic bins and drawers until they can get a proper tank. Some breeders even specifically use those big Rubbermaid plastic bins for breeding.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #20 
Smashy2019

Hes actually pretty happy in there hahaha and I have a big cosmetic mirror that wraps around one end and lights up he loves it and i put a pink sparkly lava lamp beside his tank too hahaha hes hilarious I think he has realized that the mirror is just his reflection now tho, he doesnt barely puffs up at all at it anymore another thing i was wondering is that his face almost looks speckled with a light grey colour could this be because I have an air freshener in my room? i unplugged it but im not sure why hes looking like that, also when the light is off he likes to hover more to the bottom of the tank not as much as he used to but he seems to like the rocks at the bottom quite a bit

Tags
clot fins betta sick tank