Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #21 
Sakura8

Wow, how many bettas have their own lava lamps? Did his face change color right after he got sick or right after he was moved to the bigger container? Sometimes fish change colors when they feel happy and healthy. This is why you can buy a pale blue fish at the pet store, get it home and into clean water and wake up the next morning to a dark blue fish. I'm wondering if the gray in his face is his natural coloring coming out. My red Cambodian has a lot of gray around his face but I don't remember him having a lot when I first bought him.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #22 
Smashy2019

Thumbs up Popo

Ive just realized that I told you about my fish but never showed you popo heres a picture of him when i first got him a couple weeks ago he was puffing up at nugget I had their tanks next to eachother to try to make nugget excited so he would poop but it didnt work only popo got excited
Attached Images

Smashy2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #23 
Smashy2019

im gonna post some current pictures of him now :)
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #24 
Smashy2019

This is Popo recently, and some pictures of my 10g tank fish most of the pictures were taken underwater as I have a waterproof camera popo looks kinda bloated and his belly is white like nuggets was kinda scary... i fed him a pea just in case he ate it so he should poop
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #25 
Sakura8

You've got some great-looking fish there. I'm trying to get a community tank set up but I have to tear it down to replace the substrate. All it had in there were four panda cory cats and two guppies anyway.

Popo has handsome, gorgeous fins. I love the way they flow behind him. And he's got such a cute little face, he's adorable. But you're right, he does look a bit bloated. :( Along with the pea, you can use epsom salt. It's 1 tsp per gallon, so maybe use 3 tsps if you think the drawer is 3 gallons? If the drawer isn't quite 3 gallons that's fine, the dosage can go as high as 3 tsps for super serious cases. Which hopefully Popo will not become one.

Haha, I love his current setup with the cosmetic mirror and the lava lamp. He does look like he enjoys his lights.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #26 
Smashy2019

Im going to go to town today im pretty sure, and im going to look at tanks and ill get some epsom salt and aquarium salt just so I have some hes still fluttering around getting excited at times so he seems to be ok, he can also stop at what ever lvl of water he wants so I know his swim bladder is ok, it was really funny he used to see me on the computer when i first put him in the drawer and he would puff up at me hes so cute :P im hoping once i get the bigger warmer tank that he will puff up as beautifully as he did before im one of those people who doesnt buy a fish unless i immediately fall in love with it, and when I got nugget he was the only one in the bowls that would fluff himself up as if he was saying "pick me pick me" and popo was just too gorgeous to leave in the petstore he was so bright red and blue and he was a spunky little dude i love when fish have attitudes haha I really do appreciate all your help :D
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #27 
Tikibirds

Quote:
One person on here has some bettas in the vegetable crisper drawer from a refrigerator (the drawer is not in the fridge still, by the way).
That would be me and they work pretty well too

The storage container will be fine for a while and they can survive without a heater. I have seen temps in my tanks as low as 68 and the fish were doing OK (and that was with a heater on too). However, I would get him a heater as soon as you can, it will make him much happier. Just make sure the water level is low enough that he cant jump out OR cover it. I have folders on top of the vegetable crispers just in case...

I'm no expert, but I think high ammonia levels can be a cause of fins glued together like that.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #28 
Sakura8

Haha, yup, that's you Tiki. You're setting a new trend in betta housing.

Smashy, I'm glad Popo isn't having swimbladder issues and that he seems comfortable in his drawer. He's very gorgeous so I can see why you couldn't pass him up.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #29 
Smashy2019

Talking New tank!!!

Alrighty so I finally got to town and got popo a 10g tank and some fun things to play around :D He seems really happy in it, he was a little shocked by the filter at first hahaha not used to moving water, but heres some pictures of him exploring
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #30 
Sakura8

That is one HAPPY betta. He's like, "All the plants, all the space, all the . . . space!" Now, with a filtered 10g, you change the water in there once a week, 50%. Easy, huh Yay Popo!

Tags
clot fins betta sick tank