Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2011, 02:24 AM   #1 
Hisaki Yuki001

The way Miejer treats thir fish

I went to Miejers for some food earlier tonight and decided to look at their Betta selection. I was more furious than ever! Usually I'd complain to them because I'd see so much crap in their bowls that they can't swim without inhaling it, but tonight it was way worse. Tonight a third of their bowls had algae in them due to not being changed in a while! The poor guys!

I picked up the little blue veil-tail that was in the worst cup and personally made a complaint to the store manager on the clock. All he said to me was that he'll have someone take care of it in the morning, and that the employes should've made sure it was taken care of! What?! The employees should've made sure after all the complaints I have made in-store and with corporate and nothing has been done since to make sure it's taken care of?!

After I get out of work tomorrow night I'm going back to see if anything has been done. I'm also going to take my camera to take pictures and video. I also sent a complaint through corporate tonight expressing my disgust.

I'm so mad, I have half a notion to not only take pictures and videos to post around the web, but to make stickers to post on their cups stating, "Warning! This store doesn't care if they sell me to you sick, make your fish at home sick, have me die on this shelf sick or after you buy me due to being sick. They just want your money"

A picture I took tonight of the poor little blue veil-tail I showed to the manager. You can't even see him due to the filth. I wish I could've took him home because due to the situation he probably won't survive. If they agree to give him to me in the next few days, I will take him, but once he gets better, I'll have to find him a home. IDK if I should though.

Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #2 
Pitluvs

Oh the cops would have been hauling me away if cuffs if I saw that! Complain to corp, you have proof right there.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:33 AM   #3 
Hisaki Yuki001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Oh the cops would have been hauling me away if cuffs if I saw that! Complain to corp, you have proof right there.
I did.... I was so pissed and still am. I sent a link to this picture in my compliant.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:12 AM   #4 
Tikibirds

Thats worse then anything I have seen
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #5 
Neil D

That's sick
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

eww... that is horrible...:(
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #7 
Impolite

-screams- I haven't even seen wal mart be this bad! D: (at least not at my wal mart)
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #8 
TheBlueBettaFish

bettas deserve betta!

TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #9 
Jirothebetta

I am one of those people who is very slow to anger, but that just tick's me off
...I mean come on, how hard can it be to change the water in those tiny little cups...especially when your getting paid to do it! Why even work in a pet store in the first place if you can't take 30 minutes out of your day to rinse out the little(tiny) Betta cups!

I think there needs to be some kinda law against pet stores keeping ANY of their animals like that...its just not right, and its just not fair. I mean, Every body gives a care if the little puppies are sitting in their own mess but nobody even blinks an eye when the fish are swimming in it!!! I mean come on, even little creatures deserve some kinda respect, whether or not they experience things the same or not is not the question, the fact is that they are lives that feel pain and know when things are not right, there is not one creature on this planet that would willingly live or even drink what those bettas are forced to live and breath in...

...but then...what can we do but voice our heart felt complaints, that, lets face it, often get lost in a wave of petty complaints that those stores get every single day. I just don't think pet stores care to listen any more, to be honest...

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 07-25-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #10 
Hisaki Yuki001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirothebetta View Post
I am one of those people who is very slow to anger, but that just tick's me off
...I mean come on, how hard can it be to change the water in those tiny little cups...especially when your getting paid to do it! Why even work in a pet store in the first place if you can't take 30 minutes out of your day to rinse out the little(tiny) Betta cups!

I think there needs to be some kinda law against pet stores keeping ANY of their animals like that...its just not right, and its just not fair. I mean, Every body gives a care if the little puppies are sitting in their own mess but nobody even blinks an eye when the fish are swimming in it!!! I mean come on, even little creatures deserve some kinda respect, whether or not they experience things the same or not is not the question, the fact is that they are lives that feel pain and know when things are not right, there is not one creature on this planet that would willingly live or even drink what those bettas are forced to live and breath in...

...but then...what can we do but voice our heart felt complaints, that, lets face it, often get lost in a wave of petty complaints that those stores get every single day. I just don't think pet stores care to listen any more, to be honest...
I understand...and I feel exactly the same way. I went back there as soon as I got outta work today, still dressed in my Kroger's uniform to see if he had had anything done. Apparently, the only Bettas that had been taken care of were the ones that I had personally pulled off the shelf in the worst conditions. Even then, all they did was dump some of the water out, not even take the time to rinse the cups, and replaced some of the water. Even then, most of these cups had been shoved to the back of the shelf, hidden amongst the better looking bettas. I found the little guy in the picture above and he still has a coat of algae on the bottom of his cup.

Apparently Meijers only cares to try and make a quick profit. From all the complaints I've made they obviously don't live up to their saying that Meijer is your one-stop for higher standards and lower prices on everything from groceries to clothing, electronics, home goods and more. Their company should say Meijer is your one-stop for lower standards and higher prices on everything from groceries to clothing, electronics, home goods and more.

I'm sending another complaint following the one from last night through corporate tonight. I know they probably don't care about how I feel, but I'm going to nag the pants off of that company until they do so. They'll have to shut me up by taking my freedom of speech away before I stop. I only hope that in the end that they make a change for the better, to take into account that the customers they are trying to market to deserve seeing what their getting taken better care of constantly and knowing that the store they shop at cares for customer service and satisfaction.