Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #21 
ollief9

Quote:
What fish do you have in there?
Angelfish, Black Widow Tetras, Platies, Zebra Loaches, and a Common Pleco. Yes, heavily stocked, but I clean it twice a week and I have two really powerful filters in it, so it should be OK. I know it's a rather random mix of fish, but this tank was upgraded from a murky, neglected old 15 gallon and I couldn't have just 5 fish in here.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #22 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollief9 View Post
^ Delicious tank.

Here is my 50g community. Been set up for about 4 months.

Attachment 32700

Attachment 32699
I am wanting to get a 50-55g tank eventually for my dragon gobys...How often and what percentage of water do you change out weekly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessabell View Post
Lol, that's scary looking!
That was his smiley face!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #23 
ollief9

Quote:
I am wanting to get a 50-55g tank eventually for my dragon gobys...How often and what percentage of water do you change out weekly?
As the tank is heavily stocked, I change about 25% of the water twice a week. It takes AGES, but there's nothing better than a clean tank.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #24 
laughing

This is my 10 gallon community. 2 neon tetras, 3 black neons, a "glass" fish, and a bunch of snails and shrimp that hitch-hiked. Since that picture the wendtii plants in the front have grown out more, and of course the water is filled up higher (that was before a water change) and just other misc stuff.

Anyways, I plan on getting rid of all those fish and change the layout. That was my layout for my male betta, but he died during shipping, and I aquired these guys from a friend.

The plan will be sand, a nice piece of driftwood, get a couple more of wendtiis, full-grown vals, and keep the moss and hopefully have it grow partialy on the driftwood. I am hoping to get pygmy cories, or perhaps a different small kind, and some very small (one inch) community fish. Perhaps some water lettuce to break up the light at the surface, and I want to get more of a surface ripple going. The backdrop will probably be black, to give it a dark contrast to see the fish better.
Attached Images

laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #25 
Mindibun

^ that's a really nice set up! :)
Mindibun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #26 
Pitluvs

I guess I'll post mine :)

My 29g Community Tank

5gal Danio Tank

10gal Glowlight Tetra Tank

And Monster's (My Dragon) 45g. She was in a mesh terrarium but it wasn't holding heat. Excuse the bareness. I just set it up and have to wait for Hubby to get home from the hospital. I needed something to distract myself :(

And some of Monster :)

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #27 
fightergirl2710

Monster is so cute! I wanna hug her chubby little tummy but I think I wont, she looks pointy XD
You has purdy tanks :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #28 
diablo13

Daw, I love bearded dragons, so cute how all the full grown ones have chubby tummies :) one of my friends has one named Pyra, I think he's a boy. Isn't the diference girls have Orange bodies or something?
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #29 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Monster is so cute! I wanna hug her chubby little tummy but I think I wont, she looks pointy XD
You has purdy tanks :D
Thanks! She is pointy, she puffs up if you pick her up which kinda hurts. That, and she bites. HARD. Hence the name lol She's been horrid since day 1, but I do force her to snuggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Daw, I love bearded dragons, so cute how all the full grown ones have chubby tummies :) one of my friends has one named Pyra, I think he's a boy. Isn't the diference girls have Orange bodies or something?
Females are just like males, although they have slightly smaller heads. When males puff their beard, it's usually blacker than females. Also, males have 1 bump under the tail and females have two, but this is hard to check.

I've had Monster for 6.5 years... she had a mesh Flexarrium that was about 55g in size. But this will keep her heat in better :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #30 
fightergirl2710

Ouchies! I think if I saw I'd be snuggling her too! It would probably go like, "Aww how chubby! *must hug* Oww oww oww CUTE! Oww oww oww Aww, she's trying to bite my finger! Oww" Lol! You get it right? XD
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote