Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #1 
PinkBetta264

Wally World Rescue Update

So..I'm bored...got to stay off AB..I was thinking, (forgive me if this has been done before). Wouldn't it be neat to see... before and after pictures of all our Walmart "Rescues" or how about any retail FS rescue. I know I have some, any other members?? It would be nice to hear and see our success stories. I can show you my best/worst from Petsupermarket..little boy blue...who has turned out to be a stunning little betta...but unfortunatly you all will have to wait a day or 2 till I can get an updated photo. Here is his before pic. Poor guy was in literarly a cup of water, the smallest cup I've ever seen. He couldn't swim down, he just kept floating to the top. It was awful, got him for 50% because I convinced the store mgr that he had sbd and was surely going to die, gave him 7days treatment in ES and he was good as new and now swims in the big boy tank!!
Attached Images

PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #2 
Jessabell

Awe C:
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #3 
Luimeril

i gotta get pics of King Steve. he's BLOSSOMED! from the shy, tiny steel CT with fin rot, to king of his 10 gallon, a dark blue crowntail with amazing finnage! <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #4 
MorganC2010

I can't wait to see the after pic.

I don't have pics of my wall-mart rescue just the story. I went in for only supplies...or so I thought. I came across poor Eugene who had been nibbling at his tail and peices of it floated in his so-called 'water' X| Now he is happy and healthy in his own 5gal tank and today he made a huge bubble nest and he is still working on it. I haven't seen him nibble his tail since.
MorganC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #5 
fleetfish

I'll make sure to post pics of Tyson, my new VT, as he progresses. He's pretty ragged looking right now, but I'm hopeful he'll blossom into a gorgeous boy. He's not a "rescue" per se, but he does need lots of extra care.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #6 
PinkBetta264

Awesome...it will be nice to see all our efforts to save such beautiful fish!
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #7 
Tisia

Ashke when I first got him from petco 3 weeks ago

today

his fins are still growing but I love posting his cute little face all over the place, lol
I'll have to post some pics of Lavan once I get him fattened up a bit more, I got him the same time as Ashke
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #8 
Jirothebetta

Wow...its amazing how much those bettas will color up when you bring them home and let them settle in...I know Jiro looked all grey and colorless when I first got him, but about a week at home and he turned into a nice black and turquoise lace kinda fish...never regretted bringing that guy home

...I don't really have any before pics. of him though, just the after:

I just realized this is more of a walmart rescure thread...Jiro is a petco purchase...but still a rescue in a way...

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 07-26-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #9 
LittleBettas

After pictures will have to wait...
I just got Hercules two days ago, someone put him and my other Betta (King) in the same cup, didnt have the heart to leave either there (got Herc for free though)
Along with being chewed up, hes weak and under weight.... but hes a healthy eater! and he has a crush on my VERY aggressive femal, Tihs

Heres Hercules, believe hes a VT:

And here's my most recent Walmart rescue, Wildfire, a orange and white female VT with SD, her fins are a bit chewed up but she's still beatiful!

Ill have updates up soon hopefully (Wildfire already looks better)
and Im documenting the progress of both with photos :D
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #10 
Hisaki Yuki001

Okay I have two. The first on is my male CT Mr.Moto. I had a dream a few months before I found him in which a Betta I saw at Meijers had a very bad skin infection on his head. When I tried to treat this Betta in my dream he got so stressed that he swam out of his skin through the infection in his head. The dream seemed so real that I awoke crying, which I never do.

Anyways, when I saw this crown-tail in his neglected state at Meijers, the dream instantly came back to me in the form of a vision. I didn't hesitate after seeing him there in the same state a week later and brought him home due to the possibility that it may have been him calling to me months before I saw him. I am now glade I did.

When I got him, Mr.Moto did have a very bad infection on his head that almost killed him. He's lucky to have survived. After taking 3 1/2 months to completely heal and having temporary SBD, He is now healthy and happy. May Sonoka rest in peice.... I'll never forget Sonoka's last day when curled into my hand and got annoyed when I tried to remove it. He never liked fingers, let alone hands in his tank when I tried to move something. Lol! Sonoka was Mr. Moto's tank mate in a divided tank that I had them in when I thought it was safe to have them share a tank. Sonoka came down with what Mr. Moto had and died, there wasn't any thing I could do.

Mr.Moto: A few days after I got him:

Same guy today:
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote