Betta Fish Forum banner

Spawn Log HM&DBL Tail

2K views 49 replies 8 participants last post by  GunsABlazin 
#1 ·
Last night, just before dark, i put Graphite and Amythest in the spawning tank after following OFL conditioning advice.

This morning their is a large nest under the Cup, and i see something that dosnt look like bubbles, but im not sure if they are eggs. They are light-tan. The female isnt eggy, and Graphite is mostly staying under his nest, He zooms after her all puffed out if he sees her, and returns to his nest.
I cant really see under the nest, my tank is on the floor, the tank dots are more on the top/middle.
Should i leave her in, or take her out?
She dosnt have stress stripes and isnt all clamped, but isnt Eggy any dosnt have any bars.

Also, dose it sound like he has eggs in the nest?

#3 ·
i need to know weather or not to take her out. She is submissive to him, he ignores her untill she comes near his nest, then he chases her away and gose back to tending his nest. No stripes, bars, big bellys or clamped fins...

#5 · (Edited)
i tried to take pics...but its a huge tank and he moved the cup into the middle of the tank (soz he could make his bubble nest under the cup and BOTH IAL lol.)

I think i will her out, ill wait for a third opinion (no one is getting torn up or being mean ATM), ill most likly take her out if i dont get a for sure.
Ill try again with the pics..im just scrrd ill drop my camera onto his nest O.O;

#6 ·
Got a pic, but i have to wait till i can use the desktop to load it. :/

#7 ·
If your seeing small tan orbs that are not bubbles and she is no longer eggy I can see no other conclusion than that you have succesfully spawned your fish and that there are indeed eggs in that nest ;-)
Can't wait for the pics. !

#8 ·
ok. i will remove her. :)
now the hard part starts!

#9 ·
Congrats.....

If the male is staying under the nest and appears to be mouthing/tending to the nest/eggs....then you most likely have eggs....you will know in 24-32h at 80F...good that you went ahead and took her out....even if the spawn wasn't a success you can always try again......

#10 ·
yes. He is tending to his nest consistantly. I feel bad, i forgot to ancor the Cup to the wall of the tank, so he is haveing to make up for any slight movement in the water by moveing bubbles. (though i forgot to ancor it, HES the one who pushed it into the middle of the tank.)

She is good and healthy, less beat up then when i first introduced her to the sorority. I do think i have OFL to thank, her conditioning tips made sure they both wanted to spawn, and it went fast and smooth! ( i did have to add some cold water to get them going.)

:)

#12 ·
I dont have a filter in the spawning tank.

This is the only half decent pic i could get of the nest.
Soil

#14 ·
you should Mern, your the one who suggested the pair. lol.

#15 ·
oh, just collected some Duckweed. its going to be a pain in the butt to get clean.

#16 ·
haha. ya and they are a cool pair!!!! and wanna know somethin funny? i was reading your signature and it said making Mer-bettas i laughed cause i thought it meant you were breeding bettas for me because my name is mernin!!

#18 ·
oh, good news, my worm culture lives!!!
i thought they had died, but i opend the container to see today, and i saw little shines of a million little wiggilers! yay!

#22 ·
ound slike she is good and happy. :)

Saddly, i am havein to recondition Graphite and Amy...their wher no eggs in the nest.

#23 ·
I was worried about Graphite, he wasnt eating when i went to recondition him.

So, since Molotov was already conditiond, he and Amy are now in togeather. Molotov is a Butterfly Half moon Dragon scale Plakat (say that 10X fast).

He has started his bubble nest, and she is looking stripy (in a good way lol).

#25 ·
yees i will Mernin!

I do to...im getting frustrated.

Ya know what would be an AWESOME outcome of this spawn? (i know like a 1% chance of this) a Purple-Butterfly Double HM Dragon scale Plakat. o_O i wish. but the odds of that are slim to.. well none.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.