Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #1 
ZaineRichards

Temperature Question..

Hello, I have a 20g tank thats only halfway filled in my room, it doesn't have a filter at the moment and i do 100% water changes on it every 4 days. We usually keep our house at 77 degrees during the summer. Now in three days im switching rooms and moving to a detatched Tin shed thats been remodeled to sleep in, only catch is that for AC there is a standard window shaker. I really would like to take my fishtank down there but at the moment i am only down there 3 to 4 times a day for half an hour at a time so i just put it on to high cool. I don't want to run up a huge bill but do you think if i were able to keep the window shaker on low fan/cool with the fan on high would it keep it to a temporature that is comfortable for a betta community tank?

In the florida humidity if i do not cool the detatched house which is 10 x 12 and walk into it midday it will feel like 100 degrees. I mean when i sleep down there and set it to high cool in the morning there is condensation on the windows and it is COLD.

I could always wait till fall but it would just be nice to move in and put the fish tank by the side of my bed so i can stare at it when commercials come one.
ZaineRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #2 
Sivan

It is tricky when you live in such a hot place, so I would recommend placing a mock tank in the room and monitor how the temperature fluctuates throughout the day (air conditioner, no air conditions, day, night, etc.) using a thermometer. You do have a tank thermometer, correct? That will be essential to have in either case.

Also, do you have a heater for the tank? I know you are worried about the day time, but at night water can drop 10 degrees very easily. The heat from the day will not be enough and I would worry about changes in temp. stressing you your fish.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote