Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #1 
LittleBettaFish

New White HMPK pictures

Here are some photos of Au Lait, my white HMPK. I picked him up yesterday from the LFS (I have a soft spot for white bettas) and smuggled him home. Heís had a bit of a rough start since I woke up this morning to find his heater wasnít working properly and his water was only 20 degrees Celsius.

His tank is in a difficult place to reach and unfortunately Au Lait doesnít think much of me, but I finally got him to come out for a blackworm filled clump of moss. Men .

I hope to get this tank planted up with some rotala, pogo helferi and crypts, which should be coming sometime next week. Itís a Fluval Edge that I took the top off. The only full tank shot I got looks crummy, but I was afraid if I got any closer, I was going to drop my mum's camera in one of my tanks.

LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #2 
copperarabian

he's really pretty and your aquariums composition is fantastic, with some plants it will look gorgeous
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #3 
fleetfish

Gosh he's cute! Lovely tank too :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

The 4th picture is so cute.
I really like your tank...even without plants it looks really neat.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #5 
LittleBettaFish

Thanks guys. His tank is a much warmer 24 degrees so he was out exploring last time I looked. Now I just have to not pick up the silvery-white HMPK I saw at my LFS when I drop by on Sunday. I'm running out of flat surfaces! If he's there when I go I'm so snagging him.

The wood was originally one piece but I had to hack it up into two since it didn't fit in the tank. Still not sure whether to try and grow some tiny ferns emersed on the wood. I wish Fluval had manufactured the Edge with no top panel, it's got awesome dimensions but it's so pricey here it doesn't make sense for me to buy it and chop it.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #6 
PewPewPew

He's adorable! I like his anal fin, how curiously colored that is! Handsome kid ;D

I like the hardscape, I hope things go well for you and the plants :)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #7 
LittleBettaFish

So do I. I have this tendency to kill plants that are anymore demanding than crypts and anubias. I know Pogo can be fussy, but I've always wanted to have some in my tank. Now I have to figure out a way to move my hardscape without wrecking it to insert my bottom layer of substrate.

Since those rocks raise the pH and hardness, I'm thinking I might add some peat beneath the gravel just in case. It will be interesting to see what survives anyway.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #8 
Littlebittyfish

Moss would look really cool too! I love my mosses.and they are really hardy.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #9 
PewPewPew

Hmrmm... I hope things go well. I imagine they will? :)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #10 
LittleBettaFish

I hope so, since I'm investing a small fortune in this tank. My bedroom bin has seen everything from blyxa to bacopa so I'm sure rotala will fit in nicely if everything goes pear-shaped

I was toying with the idea of moss on the wood, but I think it would hide the nice texture it has. I think if I went the moss route I would choose fissidens and keep it cropped short so that way it wouldn't overwhelm my hardscape.

Now I just have to sit around and wait for my plants to arrive. That and buy a filter. I think I'm going to get an Aquaclear 20, since it won't take up so much space in the tank.