Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #1 
ashlyn1984

New betta... Haven't had a week yet

I got my VT betta from PetSmart not even a week ago. His drastic color change has amazed me and I didn't really even notice the change until tonight while I was taking pics of him. When we first got him he was mostly blue with a little red around his fins and tail. Now look at the pics. Red seems to be taking over.

ashlyn1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #2 
Sarahlydear

Awh he's cute. :)
I have a male that was white/black with mostly white.
After 2day's tops being in a warm, clean tanks he is completely black
except for his head.

It's amazing much good water can do for them and it really pisses you off thinking of what they have to go through to get to such different colors. >:(

Your boys looks adorable and like he's steadily progressing. :) Good job!
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

Thats like the boy I brought home tonight. He was skin tone and yellow-ish at the store. In clean water... he now had green iridescence and orange fins! My Hughie was grey/lavendar and now he's a solid steel blue :) Amazing what a little clean water, tlc and love can do eh? Your boy is gorgeous :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #4 
ashlyn1984

Thank you. He didn't really seem happy up until today. Made the mistake of walking into Petco today. Looks like I will be going to rescue another betta this weekend. They just look so helpless at the pet stores. I plan on getting at least 2 more within the next couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahlydear View Post
Awh he's cute. :)
I have a male that was white/black with mostly white.
After 2day's tops being in a warm, clean tanks he is completely black
except for his head.

It's amazing much good water can do for them and it really pisses you off thinking of what they have to go through to get to such different colors. >:(

Your boys looks adorable and like he's steadily progressing. :) Good job!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #5 
ashlyn1984

Thank you. It is amazing what a nice clean tank and water will do. I think when my husband notices that the red is taking over he might be disappointed. He loved the blue color. However we will be rescuing more bettas soon so maybe he will be lucky enough to have one ending up more blue than anything, lol.