Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #1 
Pitluvs

Meet Jose :)

So I went to the LPS today to check on a female Betta I believed was a male. I am still unsure as most of it's find are nipped to shreds and it wasn't flaring at the others, but chasing everything in the tank. It also didn't flare at other fish. Anyways, where I was unsure, I wasn't going to take him/her home :(

I stopped at the Betta wall on my way out (0.5g tanks build into a wall for Bettas, no cups here) and they were all the same, as usual. Faces I have seen so many times and had to walk away from. Until I saw Jose. Jose wasn't there last week when I got Hughie, if anything he was actually in Hughie's spot. I looked at him and he was sitting on the bottom of the tank, slightly rolled over and having an awful time breathing. He would shoot to the top of the tank and fall back down. He hid from me :( I ended up leaving him there and coming home.

Then, I told my fiance about him. After 15minutes, he told me to go back and get Jose. I had my mothers car the first time, I had to take cabs to get him. Ouch! I went to WalMart to get him a tank, plant, heater and decoration. I got him and some Glassworms at the pet store. The lady that put him in a cup for me thanked me for taking him. I wonder if she knows where he came from? She seemed worried about him. Anyways. he's been transferred to the 0.8g until I figure out where to put his tank. I got him another 1.5g Tetra, the same as Ben and Hughies. I only need one more for the fish I plan to adopt :)

ANYWAYS, he's perked right up! His tank had chunks of dirt and algae in it at the pet store. I know he was suffering from ammonia poisoning. I forgot to check his water! I checked Hughies and it was 2ppm. I can imagine Jose's was worst.

So here he is :) Yes another VT!

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #2 
diablo13

Daw, he's so cute! And from what you said, if you mainly only find black/blues where you live, he's quite a find!
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #3 
fleetfish

What a beautiful golden boy! Glad you found him when you did. :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

The whole wall was 20+ black/blue and steel blue VT's. Hughie and my Venom (Rip) were/are these types. I happened to come across Ben on shipment day, he was the only one there that wasn't blue or red. I have no idea where Jose came from, as he wasn't there last week and there hasn't been a shipment! There was a gorgeous solid violet VT there as well, but he was happy and healthy and swimming like a fool. He was up top (10ft up) so I suspect someone has him hidden.

Thanks! I really love Jose's colors, he was pale naked flesh color when I took him home. The orange and green are new!

Edit: Fleet, would he be a Golden? I don't know what color type he is.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #5 
LittleBettas

Pretty boy! congrats :)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #6 
CrazyCatLady

Cute, cute, CUTE!!!!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #7 
ashlyn1984

Glad you saved him when you did.
ashlyn1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #8 
Pitluvs

Thanks guys! I'm actually reading he's an Apricot VT :) Not that color matters!