Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #1 
xXbrokencrownXx

Unhappy Fin rot/Dropsy?

Hiya! So, I've been treating my boy Suzu with BettaRevive for his fin rot. Today was his 3rd day on it. Howeverrr, people on here said he might be a feathertail? I'm now so confused. He also seems to have some raised scales... can I get some imput? The photos I took are from today after a 100% water cahnge (3rd this week) and before putting in Betta Revive.

Sry about the picture quality... he wouldnt stop moving
Attached Images

xXbrokencrownXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #2 
Sakura8

He looks like he has some fin rot or he's a tailbiter. I don't know about feathertail, can't say that I've heard of that kind of betta. What kind of betta was he when you got him? Like, what did the cup say? Veiltail, Crowntail etc.

I don't see any raised scales so he looks okay that way. Is he still eating and swimming a lot?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #3 
xXbrokencrownXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
He looks like he has some fin rot or he's a tailbiter. I don't know about feathertail, can't say that I've heard of that kind of betta. What kind of betta was he when you got him? Like, what did the cup say? Veiltail, Crowntail etc.

I don't see any raised scales so he looks okay that way. Is he still eating and swimming a lot?
The cup said he was a veiltail, but it was really obvious that he was a Halfmoon. And yea, the first time i heard of a feather tail was on this site. I think its fin rot ebcause he has some black points on it. And I'm super relieved you say he doesnt have Dropsy. He's been eating a lot, i went on vacation for a week and my dad WAAYYY overfed him, so I've been fasting him and hes been a lot better. He's been swiming fine, he's always been really calm for a betta, so he doesnt swim much in general... but today he was really excited.
xXbrokencrownXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #4 
Sakura8

The Betta Revive should help with his fin rot then. I'm not sure if he's a feathertail or if his fins are just shredded from the rot. If his fins weren't like that right from the start, I would say he's just showing signs of the rot. I would imagine a feathertil would look like a feathertail all the time, just the way a crowntail always looks like a crowntail. But hey, you got lucky, you got an expensive halfmoon for the price of a veiltail.

It's good you fasted him, that probably warded off any dropsy. But I didn't see any raised scales from those pics. If he had any, they were so slightly raised I couldn't tell. But I don't think he did, he didn't even look bloated.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote