Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wrote to coorporate about the blue water because it makes it so hard to see the colors of the fish. The water is still blue at my Petsmart.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #12 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I wrote to coorporate about the blue water because it makes it so hard to see the colors of the fish. The water is still blue at my Petsmart.
Oh snap, good thought. I'd think more people would be complaining about it. It's NOT necessary to keep the fish healthy and I imagine it leads to a lot of fish either not getting homes or getting homes that end up being disappointed in them. :(
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #13 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanah View Post
It's NOT necessary to keep the fish healthy
Um, are you being sarcastic? because the fish would be plenty healthy enough if they did water changes more than once a week.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #14 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
Um, are you being sarcastic? because the fish would be plenty healthy enough if they did water changes more than once a week.
You misread what I meant, I think. To rephrase more clearly: THE BLUE WATER is NOT necessary to keep the fish healthy.

The medications are only "needed" in order to minimize work load for the associates by keeping the fish alive in the same water for two weeks. This way all the kids that work there have more time to stand around and shoot the sh*t.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #15 
fishman12

Ohhhh! Ok, sorry. I thought you were saying it's not necessary to keep the fish healthy. Phew!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I can understand if they put the bettas in the blue water for the first water change to prevent illnss but to keep putting them in blue water. I don't think it's cutting down on fish deaths. It's more water changes that will help keep them healthy, not keeping them in blue water.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #17 
fishman12

^Agreed.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #18 
Foxell

I've always wondered about this...I always visit the betta section, no matter what store I'm at and I've always hated not being able to properly see the ones in Petsmart. I agree that they should take out most if not all of the blue water once they get the fish in, as long as it's healthy and all. They have nice fish, but I'm sure there's people that aren't happy once they get their fish home and it doesn't look like what they thought it did!
Foxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #19 
Pataflafla

My Walmart usually changes them out of the blue water after a long while, but recently there hasn't been any blue water. I haven't seen blue water there since I got Iorek and all of the cups but his had clear water even though someof those bettas were newer, so I don't think his water was changed at all while he was there. It made him look black, but he's actually a rich red orchid.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote